cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

xtremeleo
Journeyman III

Installation Issues Vista x64 Stream SDK 1.2

I downloaded the .exe for my Vista x64, it decompresses the 2 .msi installers, and when it tries to install either CAL or Brook+ it launches a Message Box that says:

Installation ended prematurely because of an error.

I am sure I download the x64 version and that my Vista is x64, I've got the SP1 and I have administrator privileges. My GPU is the HD 4850 and I've got both 2005 and 2008 VC++.

Do you know why I can't install it?

Please feel free to ask any further details, thanks for your help.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Methylene
Journeyman III

Even if you are installing to a drive with enough space, your temporary directory may be on a drive that is full... Just one thought...

Otherwise... Clean install, retry... if the problem persists seek further assistance .

0 Likes
rahulgarg
Adept II

One dumb question : did u right click and do "run as administrator" ?
0 Likes
helmutb
Journeyman III

I had the same problem with the SDK as well as with the GPUShaderanalyzer .msi files on Vista 32. On my machine running msiexec from the commandline helped:

msiexec /log "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\msilog.txt" /i some.msi /qb

however with /qb the installer doesn't give you any possibility to choose the installation directory
0 Likes

Thanks a lot helmutb, running it from command line worked, don't know why but it made it.

This should be added to the FAQ or Help Section of the SDK, in case any other Vista User falls into this problem.

0 Likes

Noted. Thanks to helmutb.

Good to see the solution (this post) can already be found by googling.

0 Likes