cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Reedbeta
Journeyman III

CubeMapGen library and linker warnings

My company is using the library version of CubeMapGen (http://developer.amd.com/gpu/cubemapgen/Pages/default.aspx), but when linking it into our project it produces several LNK4099 warnings.  From what I can find out about this warning on the Web, it looks as if the debug info in the library is somehow corrupted.  We're using Visual Studio 7.1 (2003) and there does not seem to be a way to turn this warning off.

Is it possible the development team could investigate this?  We'd appreciate a fixed library being released.

Also, I realize this is a long shot, but if it's possible to release the source code for this library we could compile it ourselves and try to fix the warnings.

Thanks,

Nathan Reed

Sucker Punch Productions

0 Likes
2 Replies
plohrmann
Staff

Hello Nathan,

For the upcoming release of CubeMapGen, we have moved to Visual Studio 2005 and (as far as I know) have removed all the warnings that get generated. I'll see what we can do about also supporting the old VS 2003 builds.

0 Likes

Thanks plohrmann.  For the time being we have worked around the issue by wrapping the CubeMapGen static lib into a dll and linking that with our application.

0 Likes