Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

jopakastner
Journeyman III

Problems with streamScatterOp

Hello,

I'm testing Brook on a 4870 (LINUX64, Catalyst 8.6, SDK 1.01).

While the streamScatterOp(destination_stream, index_stream, input_stream, op) works fine if all three streams have the same size, I get the following run time error, if index_stream and input_stream are of the same size, but have less elements than destination_stream:

jac: brt.cpp:891: void __streamGatherOrScatterOp(brook::StreamInterface*, brook::StreamInterface*, brook::StreamInterface*, void (*)(void*, void*), bool): Assertion `index_dmax - index_dmin == dst_dmax - dst_dmin' failed.

Is this behavior intended? If so, the AMD Brook specification does not mention anything about this restriction.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Johannes

0 Likes
3 Replies
jski
Journeyman III

Have you tried SDK v1.1-beta? 

BTW. this week I'll be getting a machine equipped with an ATi 4870 + OpenSuSE 11 and am wondering if I should go with Catalyst 8.6 or 8.7?  I've been reading posting warning people off 8.7.

---jski

0 Likes

Yes, I'm using SDK v1.1-beta and Catalyst 8.6. I also tried the new 8.7, but after I installed it, I couldn't even get the CAL samples running ... (but the graphics worked fine)

--jk

0 Likes

Hi jopakastner,

8.7 is known not to work with v1.1-beta. 8.8 will work with v1.2-beta which is due the week of 9/8.

Can you let me know if you still have the problem after you use v1.2-beta?

Thanks!

Michael.
0 Likes