Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

JeremyL
Journeyman III

CAL on linux

Hi,
I'm trying to use CAL samples on Linux but it doesn't work.

In the beginning of the sample, the function CALinit() gives back an error message segmentation fault.

I tried this on RedHat 4.4 and on ubuntu (debian)

Config:

Motherboard : MSI P6NDiamond
Processor : Intel Q6600
GC : HD 2900 XT (Catalyst 8.3)
RAM : 4*2GB DDR2 800

Thanks in advance for your replies
0 Likes
9 Replies

Hi Jeremy,

Currently, the AMD Stream SDK (which includes CAL) does not yet support Linux. Linux support will be out in v1.0 later in April.

Michael.
0 Likes

Any update on the release for linux?

0 Likes

Hi alorenz,

v1.1-beta is looking like in the next 2 weeks or so. Our AEs have tried it out on RHEL 5.1 64-bit and SLES 10 SP1 and it seems to run okay. We are trying it with a few select partners over the next week while the Brook+/CAL teams clean up the last few bugs they need to get to for this release.

It's looking good! Stay tuned...

Michael.
0 Likes

Michael,

pinging you for un update on linux , and also some questions.

How many developers are working on the "AMD stream" development ? Are they blogging at all on the direction for the stream development ? if so what is the link.  The main Amd link for blogging goes to what I would case a casual news release, that is updated in frequencty.  Thanks for any update .

Allen

0 Likes

Hi Allen,

I apologize for the wait.

Unless engineering finds anything major early next week is our scheduled release date. It will come out on our FTP site first with the website updated as soon as possible after that.

In terms of developers, are you talking about outside of AMD working on applications? If so, we have had hundreds to thousands of downloads. However, not everyone comes to the forums.

We have just started an AMD Stream blog and I need to get that up and going with some regular news updates. Suggestions for topics you'd like to see are certainly welcome! 🙂

Michael.
0 Likes

Michael,

Thanks for you fast reply.  Supplying more information on my question,

How many developers ( AMD employees) are working on the stream Release / effort ?  And the follow up was do they have / or will they have a blog ?  For reading the forum question and responses... it seems you are doing most of the postings

In particular I am curious (really want to see) developers / community dialog for the future enchancement to stream computing / gpu hardware development.

The reason I stated the blogs are a "casual news release"

From AMD main age   www.amd.com click on forums

this take you to    http://forums.amd.com with the following entries ...

AMD Processors
AMD Developer Forums
AMD Developer Blogs
AMD Game Forum
AMD Live

clicking on Blogs take you to

http://forums.amd.com/devblog/

which is the same as the What's New Rss feed ... under

http://developer.amd.com/Pages/default.aspx

with the highlight of the month being ( only one release )

Play the Second Annual AMD Treasure Hunt Game in Second Life

sorry, I was not that excited....., and am hoping I have missed the real link.., or my firefox brower under Linux is not showing the real link...

Allen

0 Likes

Hi Allen,

Don't worry, there are definitely more people on the AMD Stream project than just me. 🙂 I'm the product manager for AMD Stream software (both our SDK as well as our ISV partnership relations).

We just started an AMD Stream Blog. We're still getting in the rhythm of posting to the blog.

Subscribe to it and you'll start seeing our posts. 🙂

Michael.
0 Likes

Michael,

Update on the release date ?  Please be this week .....

Allen.

0 Likes

Your wish is granted Allen. 🙂 See the post I just made in this forum for download information. 🙂

Have a great weekend!

Michael.
0 Likes