Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

mr_H
Journeyman III

CTM AMUCOMP Status

CTM Bashing

Hello,

we are a group of students from Portugal, from Instituto Superior Técnico University, and we are doing a project that needs CTM (specially the source-code of it), and consequently AMUCOMP. Where is AMUCOMP ? and where is the source-code for CTM (as it was announced by AMD) ?

Thank you
0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi,

The CTM effort has since be replaced by CAL (Compute Abstraction Layer) which is part of the AMD Stream SDK available for download in the AMD Stream Computing site.

We are releasing Brook+ source code in that SDK and also document the APIs to CAL-IL to facilitate developers who want to develop at that layer. We aren't, however, releasing the source code to CAL at this time.

Can you describe the project you are trying to do and how the source code played into the project? We can see if there is another way to help you accomplish your goal.

Thanks!

Michael.
0 Likes

The project is for a class where we need to evaluate and extend a virtual machine. And our proposal was going to be to extend the CTM VM to be able to run on any card that supported low-level opengl shaders. That was it, probably not a good idea, but it would be fun to try it, i guess. The requirement for this course is that the VM must be open-source (or the source must be available to look at).

We really would like to work on something related to gfx for this course, and CTM was the only gfx VM one we knew of, but since its no longer available we will have to go to the java vm or qemu like everyone else...
0 Likes

Sorry we could be more help!

The only thing I might suggest, not knowing the complete scope of your assignment, is to look at Brook: http://sourceforge.net/projects/brook/ which is what Brook+ is built off of.

You could also look at Brook+ itself and do some extension or project off of that. Brook+'s source code is available as part of the AMD Stream SDK v1.0beta download and will continue to be available as open source. It is targeted at CAL. We always welcome efforts to experiment with Brook+ and if there are any interesting results that come out of your project, we'd be happy to hear about them and possibly incorporate them into future Brook+ implementations (giving proper credit of course! :-)).

Best of luck and let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!

Michael.
0 Likes