cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

cuorematto
Journeyman III

MPI with gpu clusters

Hi Michael i have downloaded the mpich2 and have installed it; but if i try to compile the hello mpi example with visual studio express 2008 i will receive the same error i had with cal; the mpi.h is not found .
Like you can see the visual studo compiler cannot finding the mpi headers
located into the mpi include path i have tried to setting up the mpi include path but if i try to compile visual studio cannot found the mpi.h headers.
Can anybody helping me ?
0 Likes
3 Replies

Where is mpi.h located on your system? Did you add that to your include paths under your Visual Studio project? Most of the time, Visual Studio isn't going to be able to find .h and .lib files automatically for packages you download. You have to add them explicitly to the project properties yourself.

Michael.
0 Likes
cuorematto
Journeyman III

Hi .
I have tried to adding the include path wich contain the mpi.h headers in the project property; but visual studio will forget the path when i say apply and so when i try to compile a mpi programm i receive the same error mpi.h no such file or lacation
Look the steps i have tried ...> project property...> enviroment cariables... >
C:\programmi|mpich2|include/
but visual studio will forget the path .
This is very strange because if i try to compile a cal programm the compiler find the cal.h headers and will build it perfectly.
Can you try this ?
0 Likes

Have you tried going to Project Properties->Configuration Properties->C/C++->General and changed "Additional Include Directories"?

This should be the same place where "$(BROOKROOT)\sdk\include" is.
0 Likes