Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nberger
Adept I

Brook compiler

Hi!

I found a few instances, where the brook+ compiler crashes (instead of giving an error message or producing a c++ file)
- when using structs as non-stream inputs (would be a nice feature to have)
- when declaring ints in a kernel (should work, especially as there are examples in the Brook+ spec which crash the compiler, e.g. both examples on page 14).
- when accessing non-existing elements of structs - here I would expect an error message

Cheers

Nik
0 Likes
4 Replies

Hi Nik,

I'll put the first one (structs as non-stream inputs) as a request.

Int support will be in there the release after v1.0.

And, I'll let the engineers know about the last one. Where were you using the struct, inside the kernel or out of the kernel? Do you have code I can just give the engineers that reproduces this?

Thanks!

Michael.
0 Likes

Originally posted by: michael.chu@amd.com
And, I'll let the engineers know about the last one. Where were you using the struct, inside the kernel or out of the kernel? Do you have code I can just give the engineers that reproduces this?

I have a struct to represent a 4x4 matrix
typedef struct float44_t {
float4 c;
float4 d;
float4 e;
float4 f;
} float44;
If my kernel I have stream of float44's named, say, input, and by mistake write something like input.x, the compiler crashes. It would of course be nice to have a fix for this, however it is clearly not my highest priority, as my kernels tend to be rather short and manually locating these errors is ok.
Cheers
Nik
0 Likes

Thanks!

I've passed this on to the engineers.

Michael.
0 Likes

Hi Nik,

I'll put the first one (structs as non-stream inputs) as a request.

Int support will be in there the release after v1.0.

Thanks!

Michael.
0 Likes