Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ceduardovaz
Adept I

Radeon Pro wx 7100

hi there,

im with Radeon Pro wx 7100 running in Mac Pro, with single core 2.8 xeon

my doubt is whats the best way to use the GPU in C4d, are there some render engine that will use it?

im testing V ray and it didn't use, Arnold doesn't too, the ProRender that is included in C4d use but is awful and I need to do photorealistic renders.

Please if u know Any tip or advice im very thankfully but install windows here, is not an option, 

If C4d is not option are there another program? Maya? Modo? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
fsadough

How did you get WX7100 in a MACPRO?

Mac Pro - Technical Specifications - Apple 

AMD Radeon Pro 580X
AMD Radeon Pro W5500X
AMD Radeon Pro W5700X
AMD Radeon Pro Vega II

0 Likes

Is this your Mac Pro that you have the WX7100 Installed: Mac Pro (Early 2008) - Technical Specifications 

0 Likes

im not running 2008 MacPro mine is 2010 with the same specs of 2012 MacPro

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.36.27.png

here in Brazil I didn't found the sapphire Mac edition, the radeon pulse I think is for gammers and I not a gammer person. 

And after upgrade to Mojave the apple pro programs and adobe are very more faster than the radeon 5770, and wx 7100 in high Sierra.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 11.34.48.png

So as I read in Apple's site , its working without any issue. of course is much more expansive than  the gammers GPU sapphire. But to working is amazing.

now I want to came back to creat things in 3d photorealistic, but I need some render engine that uses the GPU instead CPU, after I change the trail to 2x6 core and put 128gb ram, I can use CPU, not now.

with this GPU Radeon Pro wx7100 I read that octane doesn't work in, V-ray I tested and use CPU, Arnold uses CPU too, are there some engine in C4d work just in GPU?

If I switch the program, Modo or Maya there's some way? or other program like C4d because Ill not make movie or games, just static 3d images.

0 Likes

fsadough‌ can help you with the WX7100 and monitor issue. He would probably be knowledgeable about what rendering program works well with the WX7100 but if not then try posting at AMD ProRender Forum which has several plugins including for Maya from here:ProRender‌:

Possibly either a Moderator or another Users can give you some input concerning using the WX7100 and which plugin or Rendering program would be best for your problem.

Hey, no bro, mine monitor, AMD cables and GPU Pro wx7100 are perfect. The other guy with wx 5100 having trouble in another post.

Lets go in my case with Radeon Pro WX 7100

Im just want a render engine to work exclusive in mine Radeon Pro Wx 7100

Im using Cinema 4D here and tried lotta render engines, but just ProRender that is native in C4D use my GPU, but the render is horrible.

0 Likes

but I like your reply I didnt find this page, but as im seeing probably will have switch the program =/

0 Likes