ageekhere
Journeyman III

STOREMI_2.0.0.0113 BETA install Storage Controller issue

Hi i am upgrading from the old STOREMI

System

2nd Gen AMD Ryzen on AMD X470 chipset

HDD storage

SSD cache

I have successfully removed the old STOREMI and have unpaired the drives. In device manager i have set the AMD Virtualized AHCI controller for Ryzen 400 series to standard SATA AHCI Controller because if you leave it as is it prompts the user to uninstall the old STOREMI. However now it prompts "storemı is unable to Support this motherboard's SATA Source HDD and SATA cache and SSD attachment. Using an NVMe SSD for the cache is supported"

I think the issue is it is not installing the new StoreMI Bottom Device and StoreMI Controller [storport] controller driver and is trying to use an unsupported controller driver (either the old AMD Virtualized AHCI controller or the standard  one). I looked in the exe and cannot find the controller driver to try and install manually.

How can i fix this? 

0 Likes
3 Replies
painful8th
Adept II

Which controller are your drives currently under (view devices by connection on device manager)? If they are under the old storemi controllers then you should seek help from enmotus to get rid of them.

How large are your drives?

0 Likes

Which controller are your drives currently under
By default - AMD Virtualized AHCI controller for Ryzen 400 series

How large are your drives
1TB HDD

500GB SSD

0 Likes

This controller IIRC are the enmotus (storemi v1) ones. Which means that re-installation is in order (or some complex maneuvres using cloning back and forth).

However, since you have a 2:1 ratio of slow:fast storage, I'd recommend going for fuzedrive 1024 (ask them to give you an upgrade price for storemi v1, should be around $20). It would not need a re-install or anything.

This way you'll create a unified 1.5Tb device, instead of a 1Tb device with storemi v2...

0 Likes