cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Gurus Discussions

spyclown
Journeyman III

Dual EPYC 7742 - Win 10 Pro WS

I am attempting to validate that Windows 10 Pro for workstation will in fact work on a Supermicro H11DSI-NT (rev. 2), with dual 7742, 2048 GB of RAM.

I did check the OS Compatibility chart associated with this motherboard, I am uncertain if it's truly not supported or just not tested.

This build is intended to be used as a workstation, a non Windows based operating system will not work with the software needed.

Any input would be appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello spyclown‌,

Support in this case will come from the motherboard vendor.  You will find a number of workstations in the market using EPYC, but that does not mean Supermicro will support WIndows 10 Pro for Workstation should you have an issue.  Perhaps contact Supermicro directly to determine their level of support in addition to what may be on the website.

0 Likes

mbaker_amd is spot on. I would only add that AMD EPYC processors are supported by Windows 10 Pro for Workstations by Microsoft:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/minimum/windows-processor-requirements -
meaning support exists within this Client OS version for this line of processor.
(while Windows Client and corresponding Server OSes essentially share the same kernel, there are some limitations\differences with the client OS).
As mbaker_amd implies, it would be on the system vendor to see that their system passes Windows Logo tests, and is certified for Windows.

0 Likes