cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Driver for AMD mobility Radeon HD 5570 in Windows 10

Hello!
My "HP Omni 27-1010eg Desktop-PC" with the "AMD mobility Radeon HD 5570" graphics card and Windows 10 (64 Bit) can't use the graphics card at all.
I have updated the Bios, reinstalled Windows several times, updated Windows, disabled every Antivirus, Firewall and Antimalware program (that I found), and still found no way to install the correct driver for the graphics card.
Neither your Auto Detect Tool nor the manually selected driver, nor the driver selected by the (now disabled) Windows Update, nor any third party driver I could find can be installed without immediately crashing Windows. The only way to use my computer outside of Safe Mode is to either uninstall the amd drivers with your DDU or to disable the graphics card in the device manager.
I have followed every guide I could find on your community forums, but nothing worked.
Please let me know if you need additional information to help me.

0 Likes
16 Replies

What Intel graphics do you have?

CPU-Z says my Intel graphics is "Hewlett-Packard", Code Name "Sandy Bridge", Revision 9.
Is this what you were asking for?

0 Likes

2020-07-15 (1).png

0 Likes

Here is HP Download page for your PC: HP Omni 27-1010eg Desktop PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support with Windows 7/8.1 AMD Graphics drivers.

According to CNET your All-In-One PC has a Radeon HD6550A GPU card installed: HP Pavilion 27-1010eg - all-in-one - Core i5 2390T 2.7 GHz - 6 GB - 2 TB - LED 27" Specs - CNET 

To verify the above information, Download and run GPU-Z which should show the exact AMD GPU card you have installed. If it is the same as above I couldn't find any HD6550A which according to TechPowerUP is a Mobile GPU Chip: AMD Radeon HD 6550A Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database .

See if this AMD driver for the HD6550M Mobile chip will be compatible from AMD download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-6650m 

You only have two last AMD Drivers to use since your HD6550M is not supported anymore by Driver updates by AMD.

Also you must have all of your Intel drivers updated to the latest versions especially the Intel Graphics and Chipset and BIOS.

Try using HP Support Assistant to update all your Windows 10 drivers since HP doesn't have any for your computer: HP PCs - HP Support Assistant 9.0 (Windows 10, 8, 7)

I have attached the guide for the above HP Support Assistant to this reply if you are interested in checking it out.

Your computer can not use Windows 10...it does not meet the minimum specifications...namely the Intel graphics (HD2000). A All in One is basically a big laptop. Laptops update different than desktops

Intel® Core™ i5-2390T Processor (3M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz) Product Specifications 

great informational website. I bookmarked it for future troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you all very much! I will work through the information and report back.

I have tried installing the drivers for HD6650M. In compatibility mode for Windows 7 or 8, they claim that they are installed but fail to get the graphics card running (or even to show up in the device manager), outside of compatibility mode, they crash Windows.
CPU-Z and the device manager agree that my graphics card is "AMD mobility Radeon HD 5570", whenever CPU-Z can find the card at all, that is.
The HP Support Assistant claims that there are no updates available for my PC, and that no issues can be found.
I have installed every update for every other driver that I could find, including the Intel Graphics, Chipset, and Bios.

Do I have to downgrade to Windows 8? I am resisting that because the graphics card used to work under Windows 10 till I tried to update the driver because of crashes in an older game.

Again, please let me know if you need additional information, and thank you all for your help so far!

0 Likes

AMD has no drivers for mobile HD5570 GPU chip.

What does GPU-Z show when you run it.

Try installing your HP's Windows 7 AMD Graphic driver and see if it starts working normally again.

Try to use Windows 7 drivers if there are no Windows 10 available.

When you do install the AMD driver use this basic method to remove and install the driver to prevent conflicts:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

Here is what CPU-Z shows:
Untitled.png

Unfortunately, this is the outcome even after doing my best to follow every step of your advice. May I have downloaded the wrong driver package, or is there another problem?

I also had the idea of locating the old graphics card driver on my external hard disk. Should I give that a try?

0 Likes

did you download the HP AMD Windows 7 driver from HP Support for your laptop?

Also download and run GPU-Z which is better to show what GPUs you have installed and data on the GPU.

GPU-Z is not the same as CPU-Z.

0 Likes

Run GPU-Z and click on the "Lookup" button..

Sorry, I thought the "G" was a typo.
Untitled.png
GPU-Z can't find my graphics card either. The Lookup button just brings me to a website where I can specify the card I am looking for, which seems to defeat the purpose.

I will now try to manually install the AMD drivers from the HP support page and report back.

"I also had the idea of locating the old graphics card driver on my external hard disk. Should I give that a try?"
Any advice on this?

0 Likes

Nope, no matter which compatibility setting I use, the driver installer gives me this message. Some other drivers were installed, but none of the ones that might be the correct driver for the AMD card.
Untitled.png

0 Likes

Again: Is there any way for me to identify and copy the old driver in the complete backup on my mobile hard disk?

0 Likes