Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

edj
Adept I

3 Screens Radeon RX 580 Series

I have 3 screens.

2 horizontally and the third one I have above 2. But I can't configure the screens so that the mouse moves up and goes to the top screen. To go to the screen above I have to move the mouse to the right ...

Is there a way to configure it? In Windows it won't let me. And in the Radeon configuration either. Thank you!!

0 Likes
20 Replies

usually 3 panels are side by side unless you are trying to use them discreetly for retail display

0 Likes

c6b67458-f043-4abf-b4f9-894d491f1472.jpgWhat I want is very simple. Let the mouse go up if I want to go to the screen above. And not that you have to go all the way to the top screen.

0 Likes

I suggest it might be simpler with the wide LG panel as the main display and retire the old panels.

My old panel is now setup on another machine for fixing video cards.

0 Likes

By Radeon Settings are you talking about AMD's Eyefinity?

0 Likes

Yes, it is the only way that I know how to control the 3 screens. The option to configure the 3 screens is disabled by Windows.

All 3 screens are by Displayport.

0 Likes

In Radeon AMD Drivers version after 2020 , Eyefinity "Advanced Options" is removed but can be enabled again or made visible in Eyefinity.

Possibly in "Advanced Options" there could be a setting or settings to fix your issue.

Here is how to make "Advanced Options' visible again: https://community.amd.com/message/2968897 .

0 Likes

Thanks but you have not solved the problem. With that help that you have given me, you can configure many things, but always horizontal screens, and not vertical.

I want the top screen to be on top and not to the left or right.

Also, thanks!

0 Likes

Sorry, like I mentioned that possibly in Advanced Options there might have some setting or settings that you could use. But obviously it doesn't.

I suggest you open an Online AMD Service Request (Official AMD SUPPORT) and see if your 3 monitor setup is possible from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

I have been able to find Dual Stacked Monitors but not with 3 or more.

0 Likes

Thank you very much, I have already written in that form.

0 Likes

Found this 5 year old thread showing the same configuration that you have but doesn't mention how it was done: Vertical stacked monitors. Why? | AnandTech Forums: Technology, Hardware, Software, and Deals 

Try asking at Reddit r/amd if you haven't yet: /r/AMD - the place for AMD fans, owners and PC enthusiasts .  I noticed that at Reddit r/battlestations from the above linked thread shows a few with similar stacked configurations: battlestations 

Maybe you can ask one of the Users in the above links how they got their monitors configured and how to do a Stacked Monitor setup.

But this is my last reply since I have run out of ideas about how or where to find the information your need.

Take care.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for caring so much. Looked at him! Thanks again!

calisun
Journeyman III

Just right click anywhere on your desktop, choose Display Settings and you can just drag the location of your monitor in any position desired.

Display-Settings.png

At least you are lucky that your card is displaying 3 monitors, I am unable to display 3 monitors on mine:

https://community.amd.com/thread/254322 

0 Likes

DVI to HDMI works, I have such a cable

not sure if the other formats work as I don't have that many cables available

0 Likes
edj
Adept I

Sin título.png

Thank you very much, but I cannot "organize screens", because this option disappears from Windows. I do not know why.

I guess Radeon, as it has its own settings, disables it from Windows,

0 Likes
calisun
Journeyman III

In order to use Windows Display Settings, you have to remove Adrenaline software and install drivers only. Bad part is that AMD does not allow you to install drivers only and when you remove Adrenaline software, the drivers will also get removed. AMD Sucks in that department, you have to do it their way or no way.

But there is a workaround

1) Download latest Adrenaline software (Don't install, just download to your computer)

2) Go to Control Panel-> Programs and remove Adrenaline software. (It will also uninstall drivers so it will drop your    resolution to something generic like 640X480)

3) For a good measure, restart you computer as not to have any conflicts.

4) Follow instructions in this youtube video on how to install drivers only (I would recommend watching video before performing above steps. Easier to see video in high resolution than in 640X480) YouTube 

5) Once you install drivers only, you will have the ability to use Windows Display Settings to drag over your monitor.

0 Likes

Thank you!! I don't have Adrenaline installed. Do I skip the second point and go directly to the fourth point?

I have Radeon Software installed.

0 Likes

Actually you might be in luck, Radeon does allow you to disable Eyefinity which will allow you to use Windows Display Settings:

https://community.amd.com/thread/196827 

0 Likes

Thanks, it doesn't work anymore, because it explains it about previous versions. I have asked for the new version. Thanks also!

0 Likes

In that case, just follow instructions above and instead of downloading Adrenaline software, just download Crimson ReLive (I believe that is the one for your card).

If it does not work, worst thing that can happen is you will just have to re-install Radeon software.

0 Likes

Ok! Thanks!!!

0 Likes