cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

sabosann
Adept I

Overheating in both Cpu and GPU

Hello everyone! I´m just trying to make some questions about both cpu and gpu, I have a r5 3600 with a stock fan and an rx 5700 evoke oc and both of them i think I´m getting real high temperatures while playing, the cpu can raise its temperature to 80 degrees and the graphics card i´ve even seen it raising the 90 degrees, I´m wondering if this is normal on AMD hardware? If I need to change the cpu fan to a better one and if I need to undervolt the rx5700 or do any kind of changes on it to improve its performance since the last thing i want to do here is to mess up my whole set up because of heat issues.

1 Reply

Your Ryzen CPU Maximum Operating Temperature is 95C so under heavy loads or stress if your processor is ~80C that is fine.

As for the RX5700XT the Maximum Operating temperature is 110C as which point the GPU card will start to automatically throttle to lower the temperature.

This Thread I opened about AMD explaining the 110C on the RX5700 series GPU cards: https://community.amd.com/thread/247082