Drivers & Software

saulkr
Adept I

Freesync and Enhancedsync don't work

GPU: RX 5700XT

CPU: Ryzen 3600

RAM:8x2 3200 MHz DDR4

Monitor: SAMSUNG SF350

I am new to pc gaming so I bought this computer and games run pretty much great accept for the tearing. I have two of the same monitor and they both claim to support Freesync (not connected at the same time).

The problem is the Freesync option doesn't seem to affect the smoothness of games, the same thing with Enhancedsync and even when combined.

Tried Freesync on either of the monitors but it's just the same results.

I have overclocked my monitor to 75 Hz and  I have tried both in 60 and 75Hz.

Thanks in advance.

Saul.

0 Likes
6 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

The monitor you have supports maximum 1080p. The GPU you have can give 75 FPS (or more) for most of games for 1080p. So... FreeSync will not work from the moment that FPS value exceeds 75. And for this reason, you cannot use the monitor's FreeSync feature.

You should enable V-sync feature of games. Or you should use an FPS limiter like AMD Chill for 75 FPS (or 60 FPS).

Edit: You should enable V-sync feature of games (without Enhanced Sync). Or you should use an FPS limiter like AMD Chill for 75 FPS (or 60 FPS).

0 Likes

I know that freesync has a limit equal to display's max refresh rate, so I used Radeon chill to limit my fps to 75, 74, 73, 72, 60, 58, 57 fps but nothing changed.

free sync works fine but seems a bit laggy compared to when turned off.

0 Likes

If you think FreeSync feature is not working properly and causing lags, you can request an improvement with that...

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

https://community.amd.com/thread/251124 

Hey we have similar problems, i guess.

0 Likes

I guess that maybe since it's an overclock to the monitor freesync might not work, but I cannot wonder why it doesn't work at 60Hz? it's supposed to run at that refresh rate and support Freesync.

I gradually play and download more games to my PC (only 3 days since I received it) Watchdogs run well (without tearing even at higher framerates) so does GTA V (solved tearing with v sync but stutter remains), COD MW didn't run well and there was tearing and stutter BF4 has a stutter which is noticeable and bothersome, tearing is present but wouldn't mind it because the game runs at very high FPS.

Temps are ok, frametimes are ok,

I have downgraded from 20.4.1 to 20.2.2 using DDU in safe mode.

I am going to reinstall windows and see if that helps.

0 Likes

I just clean install my windows, not just clean install but also deleted all my partition. The problem still there, but if you're still want to reinstalling your windows then go on it's worth trying, hope it will solve yours.

0 Likes