cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

______
Journeyman III

GPU and CPU utilization not 100%

My newly built PC has issues with some games.
My GPU never reaches 100% and my CPU neither. I'm taking Assasin's Creed Origins as example. I sometimes (depending on the place) get only 40-50 FPS. This shouldn't be the case with my setup. The GPU is only utilized around 60% at 1080p high. The CPU is also around 50-60% utilization. Some CPU cores rarely go over 60% but not a single CPU core exceeds 80%. The weird thing is that I can set my res to 4K (3840x2160) and the frame difference is barey there. Fortnite is my seconds example. I get much better FPS with this, but my frames are dropping quite often. Most of the time I stay at 110-144 FPS but the frames sometimes drop down to 50 FPS sometimes. This is really annoying and this shouldn't be the case with my hardware, plus it's not using 100% of the GPU or CPU. No frame caps or V-Sync. Chipset and GPU drivers are installed and up to date.
Specs:
Ryzen 5 2600X
RX 5700XT
ASRock B450M Pro4
RipJaws V 16 GB (2x 8GB) 3200 MHZ
be quiet! Pure Power 11 500W
4 Replies

welcome to the world of downclocking drivers report your specs here and hopefully someday in the far end future we will get updated drivers that will allow our cards to not downclock when we are ingame...

https://community.amd.com/thread/249063 

0 Likes
khai1st
Journeyman III

AMD dont care... 

0 Likes
doanhanam
Adept II

I hear that amd updates driver automatically for 5700xt and thus gpu will not work 100% . This reduces the heat of gpu but make gpu down clock ! . And I hear that you can not reverse this when update automatically new driver ! . So turn off automatically update if possible for the new buyer of this card ! . No thing can be done for you in this situation ! . Maybe in the future , auto update from amd without the permission of end users will be stopped ! . Luck that i have bought yet this desire card . I wait until find to way to turn off automatic update ! .

0 Likes
febryanvaldo
Adept I

Looks like  there are problems in RX 5000 Series, and the issue still not solved yet. I also have this kind of issue with my RX 5600XT.

You can join here, as the thread got many comments and replied by moderator.

https://community.amd.com/thread/249063 

0 Likes