cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

higgih01
Adept III

Just installed 20.2.1 - now Google Chrome is just all black.

Hi all. Just just upgraded from 20.1.4 to 20.2.1 and now when I open Google Chrome (not within Radeon Settings), it just is all black. I was just startmng to think the 2020 edition of Adrenalin was starting to come good with 20.1.4, but this is certainly a setback for me.

Has anyone else had this issue, or kwno how to solve it?

0 Likes
10 Replies
rainingtacco
Challenger

https://community.amd.com/thread/248707 

Yes albeit i only encounter this on SOME of youtube videos. Temporary fix is to disable hardware acceleration until they fix this [i hope] for good.

Thank you rainingtacco. I disabled hardware acceleration and Chrome is now no longer black. I had to uninstall 20.2.1 first as I could not see anything on Chrome to change the settings as it was all black.

Its pretty amazing that since the Adrenalin 2020 edition was released with 19.12.2 back on 12th December, there have been six releases in less than 2 months which are pretty much all bug fixes. It's a pity AMD did not hold off its release until at least until this 20.2.1 version even though this version is still not without its issues, but I know that AMD like to do their big annual release in Dec each year.

I hope in 2020 AMD finally shake their "innovative but fragile' Radeon drivers and match their clever NAVI/RDNA architecture with rock solid drivers.       

0 Likes

There is a new version of Chrome out

Google Chrome is up to date
Version 80.0.3987.87 (Official Build) (64-bit)
0 Likes
ellolait
Adept II

With each update, everything gets worse, I sat on the version 19.x.x from December, I decided to update, and after the first 3 hours of the game a black screen, then again a black screen, amd just do not give a damn

I don't have black screen as in monitor loose signal, only chrome gets black and have to close the tab. 

0 Likes

Hi rainingtacco - its just Chrome that is black - not my entire screen. Sorry for any confusion in my original post. 

0 Likes

go find DDU and clean up the old drivers and install 20.2.1 fresh

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did that.

It is a real pitty that for us Radeon users, DDU has become a standard tool.

Still, on the positive, eventually getting a functional and stabile driver as well as the innovative features we all like, leaves a lot of upside room for AMD :-).

higgih01 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did that.

It is a real pitty that for us Radeon users, DDU has become a standard tool.

Still, on the positive, eventually getting a functional and stabile driver as well as the innovative features we all like, leaves a lot of upside room for AMD :-).

I have long been a frequent user of DDU. Especially with all of the BSOD problems I experience with drivers of late.

Recently I even reset Windows to get ahead of the BSOD problems.

0 Likes

Sadly that doesn't help, the bug is on 20.1.3 and 20.2.1 and with 5700 xt, downgrading chrome will help.

0 Likes