cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

isajohn
Journeyman III

RX 5700 XT monitor problems

Hi everyone. I have an issue with using higher refresh rates on my monitor. My monitor is Prism+ X270 - 1080p 165hz (PRISM+ X270 - 165Hz Curved Gaming Monitor)

The issue is when I set the refresh rate to 165hz, the screen will go black. This does not happen on my old PC with GTX 1060 6GB. Thus, I established the fact that it could be a GPU issue. I am using displayport. 

This is a video that I found in youtube of the problem I am facing - AMD Radeon RX 5700XT Black Screen Error - YouTube 

Will using HDMI cable help? Any recommendations? 

My PC is 1 day old (newly build)

Here are my specs :

Ryzen 7 3700X

Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wifi (latest bios)

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ (latest AMD drivers)

Adata XPG Spectrix 3200Mhz 16gb CL16

Thermaltake toughpower 650W gold

Windows 10 (latest updates)

3 Replies
samanny
Adept II

Check out this thread bro, this hasnt been fixed, some people found few fixes but not all having luck. I would return the gpu if you still can. See :

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

Thanks bro. I have somehow managed to contain the issue.

What I did was to lower the refresh rate of the monitor to 144hz. The black screens stopped happening. 

Then another issue happened - same issue as to what is happening in the thread you directed me to. I will get black screen in game, but I can still hear in-game sounds. Somehow, I managed to contain this too. 

I switched off Freesync, anti-lag and all other enhance settings in radeon software and had to turn on vsync. The black screen stopped happening.

Its kinda disappointing not being able to fully utilise the RX5700XT. I really wish this can be fix because I really like this GPU.

0 Likes
shlub42
Journeyman III

This is likely happening because you do not have a DisplayPort 1.4 cable. Using a DP 1.2 cable will not allow you to utilize 165hz refresh rates.

0 Likes