cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ryosenka
Adept I

Crash in games is this warranty case?

CPU QuadCore Intel Xeon E3-1270, 3700 MHz (37 x 100)
MB Asus P8P67 v3.1  (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
HDD WDC WD10EZEX-00ZF5A0  (1 ТБ, 7200 RPM, SATA-III)
SSD WDC WDS240G2G0A-00JH30  (223 ГБ, IDE)
RAM GeIL CL10-10-10 D3-1600 2x8 gb
PSU Xilence x850mp9 850 watt (I use sepparate cable connectors, no daisy chain)
GPU AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 (Vega 10) msi airboost oc

Hello, I received videocard MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 Air Boost 8G 8.0 GB OC High End. It has issue, when i play games (mad max, watch dogs2, battlefield 5) at random time (~30 min -2 hr) screen goes black and fan 100% rpm, or BSOD (thread_stuck_device_driver) or screen freeze and buzzing sound.

This is floating problem, one day may work well for long time, but another full of crashes.

Tried videocard with another motherboard and cpu don’t help.

Drivers last stable Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2 (WHQL), also tried 19.12.2 (WHQL), AMD settings not touched. Temperature on load 75 degrees. I always use DDU to install drivers. Other versions (18 and 19) of drivers don’t fix the issue.

If i try to change AMD settings (lower frequency or voltage, higher fan speed) it didn’t help.

Only solution for more less stable work is to install driver 17.8.2

My question is: If I RMA card it will be a warranty case or not?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Open an MSI Warranty ticket and see if they believe you GPU card needs to be RMAed if still under Warranty.

I am not sure, but maybe you can RMA the GPU card to have MSI check it for you to see if it is defective or not. Or they can give you some tips on how to stabilize the GPU Card. 

0 Likes

They answer me: "Thank you for contacting us.
In this situation, we suggest you send the product for hardware confirmation.
The warranty service should be handled by the place of purchase.
Try to contact the seller for warranty service.
You will receive the direct help from them."

But at the msi forum people send same card with same issue and CU return it and say all ok. I dont want to spend on delivery to Germany 20-30 euro with no result.

0 Likes

I don't blame you.

Open a Online AMD SERVICE REQUEST and see what they recommend you do: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Personally I don't believe your GPU is defective. Many Users have complained about the Rx Vega56/64 crashing and not being very stable.

There are many Users in the same boat as you concerning the RX Vega 56/64 crashing. Here are a few:

RX Vega 56 Low GPU Usage in some games  - this one may be helpful.

AMD Radeon RX vega 56 crashes 

MSI Radeon RX Vega 56 

RX Vega 56 random driver crashes 

Try configuring the GPU card using AMD Wattman. Some other User will need to instruct you on how to configure the Vega56 using Wattman. One important setting is setting the Power level to 50% in Wattman. That seems to help prevent crashes with some Users.

Also many recommend to connect both GPU Power cables using two separate PSU cables instead of one with a "Y" connector.

Have you tried to stress test the GPU card to see if it crashes?  Try using OCCT GPU with Errors and PSU Stress test and see if it crashes. OCCT is a stand alone stress testing program and is free.

I read that Furmark GPU stress test is good for checking for instability and Overheating issues.

When running either OCCT or Furmark stress test, keep an eye on the Temperatures and PSU Output voltages for anything abnormal.

0 Likes

AMD answer me:

This issue could cause due to multiple reason like driver files conflicts etc. I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of latest 19.12.2 driver by using the AMD Cleanup utility and check the issue status. 

·         Step 1 – Please use AMD Cleanup utility (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601 ). It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

·         Step 2 – please install 19.12.2 drivers by clicking this below link. Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus after downloading the installer file. https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-2  

·         Step 3 – Then use the latest driver and select "factory reset" in Radeon setting for more details please visit https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/rsx-install 

And Although the issue persists, I request you to send Dxdiag report:

BUT i already tried and it didn't help

instal fresh win10(1903) with 19.9.2(whql) driver, install win 7

use DDU and AMD Cleanup utility.

another motherboard and CPU

try pci 8x slot

use separate connectors

use +50 or -50 power limit

lower frequency, voltage, higer voltage

temperature on load 75-76, tried play with max fan 5000 rpm (very loud) temprature ~65, but it crash too.

OCCT didn't crash, tried test it 1 hr.

I read all threads about this problem and it seams to be only way - to RMA it.

So, were you able to return it ? , mine is only 3-4 weeks old, wondering they would take it back. saphire 5700xt pulse

0 Likes

Yesterday tested it in brother`s computer, same crash. Now i prepare all post forms to send video card to the shop.

ryosenka
Adept I

Time has come, computer universe return my money for the videocard.