cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

os2wiz
Elite

Instability, excessive voltages, and lower overclocks in bioses based on Agesa code 1.0.0.4 on the AMD X570 motherboards

I have a Ryzen 9 3900X cpu on an MSI MEG X570 Unify motherboard. The release bios on this new board was based on the 1.0.0.3 ABBA Agesa code . It worked fine I achieved a stable all core manual overclock of 4.3 GHZ and my benchmarks were very good with excellent system stability. Since then AMD released 2 new bioses based on Agesa code 1.0.0.4 Agesa code in response to complaints about boost speeds and to reduce latency issues and improved pci-E compatibility. Both those bios releases are horridly unstable, require higher voltages to maintain stability. cause occasional unanticipated system reboots and have lowered my ability to overclock by 100 megahertz. The feel of the system is not smooth and rock solidlike it was under 1.0.0.3 ABBA. I believe you have sacrificed most users to the whims of gamers who want those higher single core boost clocks for competitive gaming. Very poor judgement on your part and to release two official bios releases with these issues is inexcusable.  I frequent the overclock.net web site, one of the largest computer enthusiast sites on the web,  and I see these same complaints not only in my motherboard thread but in multiple other X570 motherboard threads.  So I am not imagining it and it is a serious issue on all the X570 motherboards. When will it be resolved??? I  have a high level of expectations on the competency of AMD to properly diffuse stable high performance code to your partners and customers.  I have been forced to revert to the release bios for the Unify motherboard based on 1.0.0.3 ABBA agesa code.  Do NOT make an enemy of me. I have been around the block and have excellent organizational skills. Nothing need further be said on my part. The ball is in your court.

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

os2wiz, well not my court.

"Very poor judgement on your part" - sorry not my part.  This is a user forum.  We try to help but cannot fix.  Almost never see a real live AMD employee here.  Please open an AMD Online Support ticket.  Please do, they need to hear!

Here's is what I can tell you from what I know.  MB vendors release BIOSs not AMD and are responsible for integrating AMD's AGESA and other code with their released code.  I have raised the issue of vendor released code problems and strongly agree.

You may have heard this: Somewhere lost on Reddit is another lost conversation between Robbert Hallock and 1usmus and the conclusion that after installing the boost correction BIOS, update/reinstall the latest AMD chip set drivers - only from here never the MB vendor.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thanks for the link to AMD tech support. I filed a report. I thought

AMD monitored the user forums on their web site and that is why I had

raised the issue there.

0 Likes

You are welcome, os2wiz.  Please do not forget your MB vendor.  In my opinion, they are far the larger culprit!  Thanks and enjoy, John. 

0 Likes

It is probably NOT MSI as other motherboard vendors' customers have

reported the same problems.

0 Likes

os2wiz, I have an MSI MB and a 2990WX and have not seen a new BIOS since last April.  I am running one of 1usmus's modified BIOSs to get the 'Power supply Idle control' I need.  It has been an unreleased MSI BIOS that 1usmus got hold of and allowed us access to lots of functions.  I think it is all vendors, some worse than others.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank you. I know it is all vendors. The complaints can be seen on

many motherboard threads on overclock.net .

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

os2wiz, here you said do not use RM.  Please tell me why and what to use for a substitute.  BTW, cannot find lumus - link please.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Have you tried Zenstates?

0 Likes

try pulling cmos battery. I believe the cmos reset is broken on these boards. record cpu temps in bios before and after.

0 Likes