cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

Blender - Question from production

Hi all Guys, and hi Bsavery, since we're trying to do a short film rendered with your engine, and we bought also some amd including a Pro Duo Polaris, here a few question:

1) there is something in ProRender  like POINTINESS in Cycle?

2) We cant find any Ambient Occlusion material node. Is there any node we miss out? we wish to use it as mask for some dirt and dust for example

3) how can we change the value of ambient occlusion render mode or pass? i mean the classic value like distance, strenght etc etc .. 

4) how to BAKE AO or texture in general?

5) is possible to have Wireframe pass not in triangle, but just using quads and ngon?

Thanks a lot for now, i will come back for sure with another question while doing the job.

Massimo Moneta

VFX supervisor

INSERTCOIN

Via del Commercio 27a

16167 Genova/Italy

www.insertcoin.tv

6 Replies
metinseven
Adept II

I second the request for an ambient occlusion node to create masks based on peaks and valleys, and proximity.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Coming soon.  I'll PM users with beta builds.

Great!

It would be important for the AO node to be topology-independent (also detailed on low-poly meshes).

Thanks!

0 Likes
spydurhank
Journeyman III

Same here please, would love to bake textures. Thanks.

kkl
Journeyman III

Same~ Would like to bake texture. It's 2019, is there any update on this?

fcgrreat
Adept I

Please I really need at least a minimum texture baking support I’m really stuck now with my Mac since I can only bake using cpu via cycles!!!

is there a beta build or something to help me?

also I can code a little do you think it is possible to create a plugin to bake with Radeon pro render?

please help us!

0 Likes