cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bsenseney
Journeyman III

LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found.

Hello,

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 2GB

Driver: 19.Q3.1

When trying to install the driver, I get the "LoadLibrary failed with error 126: The specified module could not be found."

I tried opening CMD as Administrator and running this command "cd c:\windows\system32" then "copy atio6xx.dll .dll" (without quotes). I get The system cannot find the file specified.

I tried extracting atio6xx.dll to C:\Windows\System32 manually and then running the above command with no luck.

0 Likes
4 Replies

This User in a previous AMD Forum Thread concerning a Consumer GPU card not a Professional GPU card with the same error 126 and fix that you tried with Command Prompt was fixed by using DDU in Safe mode. Then reinstalling the  AMD Driver again.https://community.amd.com/thread/218291 

If you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) you need to have the internet disconnected and in Safe Mode. Once the computer boots up again, install the AMD Driver again with the internet still disconnected. Once it is installed and working correctly you can reconnect the internet.

See if that fixes your error 126 or not.

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

This User in a previous AMD Forum Thread concerning a Consumer GPU card not a Professional GPU card with the same error 126 and fix that you tried with Command Prompt was fixed by using DDU in Safe mode. Then reinstalling the  AMD Driver again.Can't Update or Install AMD Driver 

If you use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) you need to have the internet disconnected and in Safe Mode. Once the computer boots up again, install the AMD Driver again with the internet still disconnected. Once it is installed and working correctly you can reconnect the internet.

See if that fixes your error 126 or not.

elstaci,

I tried your suggested solution.

I downloaded DDU, rebooted computer into safe mode with network cable unplugged, and performed the uninstall with the tool. The computer rebooted with the network cable still unplugged.

I was able to get past the initial package extraction unlike before from the AMD driver installer and tried proceeding installing with their driver software. The installation stopped with an error saying it "has been partially installed. General error during package installation." (log info below).

Thanks,

-UI 10/03/19 11:29:06 install

Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

0xaae0

0x1002

0xaae0

0x1028

0x040300

0x00

AMD Radeon Graphics Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

0x6995

0x1002

0x0b0c

0x1028

0x030000

0x00

Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)

Succeed

AMD Display Driver

Succeed

AMD Problem Report Wizard

Fail

AMD HDMI Audio Driver

Succeed

AMD User Experience Program

Fail

AMD Radeon Pro Settings

Fail

AMD FirePro Control Center

Fail

Hardware information

Existing packages

Packages for install

Packages for uninstall

Other detected devices

Error messages

Name

Manufacturer

Chip type

Device ID

Other hardware

Download Failed

Success

Fail

Vendor ID

Class Code

Revision ID

Subsystem ID

Subsystem vendor ID

Install Manager

Installation Report

Final Status:

Version of Item:

Size:

Mbytes

Package Manager Install Package Failure!

The error you got should be Error 1603.

Make sure your Windows OS is not corrupted and fully updated via Windows Update. Windows must be fully updated for the latest AMD Drivers to work correctly.

Here is AMD Support concerning error 1603: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1603 

Here is AMD Support on how to correctly install the Radeon Pro driver package: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pdh-install 

0 Likes

Otherwise open a AMD SERVICE REQUEST (AMD SUPPORT) from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes