THIS GUIDE IS OLD AND OUTDATED, GO HERE INSTEAD: Input Lag and Mouse Movement Tweaks for Gaming v3 2020 Edition
Oh man I have lived with input lag on my ryzen for 2 years. I had no clue why I had so much input lag in all of my games compared to my previous FX-6300 and Athlon II x4 640 builds. After 2 years of research I have some solutions that may help you.
- First of all the biggest input lag reduction came from installing Windows 10 1903. All of my input lag problems came from Windows. I used windows 7, windows LTSB 2016, windows 10 LTSC 2019 all of them had the same lag. No matter how much I reinstalled it doesn't change the amount of input lag on my Ryzen. Windows is just strait garbage when it comes to handling Ryzen instructions. Using the new 1903 scheduler reduced my input lag significantly, the difference is night and day. Almost as good as or even better than my FX. It even eliminated that English language input lag problem I had and beyond. That 20% scheduling performance increase from windows 1903 claim really is true as can be, it might even be better than that IMO.
Other Things that affect input lag:
- Your monitor settings.
- Your monitor cable.
- Process Lasso and Project Mercury might help especially for Ryzen CCX performance.
For Process Lasso on Ryzen you set your game to the primary cores(Disable SMT). And on other apps I set them on secondary cores(odds). So it would look like Game 0,2,4,6,8,10 and other apps like chrome would be 1,3,5,7,9,11. Not only did this improve scheduling and responsiveness on older windows versions by 50% but increased FPS by around 50 as well.
- Your application settings: disable fullscreen optimization on win 10 or aero for win7.
- Your OS settings/registry/ect.
"Whenever someone is suggesting a change to \Games they always say: "In the same Registry hive as the above tweak, you can also change the priority of Games. To implement this tweak, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games and change the following registry values:
“GPU Priority” change its values to 8 for gaming.
“Priority” set to 6 for gaming."
- MSI Utility. You can configure MSI line interupts manually but MSI utility just so much more convenient.
The utility was updated recently and now you can add priorities towards each device as well, however I just don't know which settings are the most beneficial yet.
- Some random bugfix that I needed: I had to change keyboard language from English(US) to English(Philippines). I assume it has something to do with their spying. I was even using Win 10 LTSC 2019 1809. Then again I felt the same lag on my dual boot win7. Can confirm the input lag is on English Canada as well. So far the best I tried is English Philippines.
- Disable CSM or set CSM to mostly legacy in BIOS.
- HDMI has less input lag than DP.
- I also just found this amazing reg mod that boosted my frame delivery performance by 25-50%. If you have AMD gpu I definitely recommend downloading Radeon Mod. It is akin to Nvidia Profile Inspector.
"Here's the (ocasionally) updated pastebin version of all the tweaks i found that do something on AMD GPUs. AMD GPU Performance REG for 19.1.1+
I got banned from google+ for posting links to this as .reg files, which is ridiculous btw. It's ok, G+ is dead anyway.
(UPDATED 14/03/2019 for bugfixes. Should work now.)
I tested this with a RX 580 V1 MSI OCed to 1425core 2250mem 50% power limit and with disabling the 300mhz memory P0 state in overdriveNTool, great performance. I also added some DVRanalytics keys to disable in case you enabled AMD User Experience improvement program. Driver latest 19.3.2 tested on Windows 10 1809 October Update, AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 16gb of RAM PC."
Theres also this other radeon reg file that you can try out as well. https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...m_medium=web2x
- My best Radeon Settings are Disable Freesync, Disable Enhanced Sync, and enable Anti-Lag.
If you have any other optimization tips don't be shy. I'm aware chill may reduce input lag but it just doesn't work with anti-lag so I haven't tried it yet.