cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

felipefvs
Journeyman III

virtualization technology?

Can anyone tell me if the AMD FX-8300 processor has virtualization technology? If so how do I activate

0 Likes
3 Replies

Need to go to BIOS and enable all Virtualization Settings like VT or AMD-V or its equivalent and IOMMU. Then in the software you use you can now create a VM.

Yes, the FX8350 supports Virtualization. just need to enable it in BIOS. From CPU World on the processors specs:

bykeracer
Journeyman III

You asked about the FX-8300, according to tom's hardware you can only use the  oculus rift. Here is an excellent artical  for you https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2016/03/31/is-your-pc-ready-for-vr-amd-has-you-cover... 

0 Likes
umarizal
Adept I

I have 2 PCs with the AMD FX-8370E and I consider it a great processor, with low energy consumption, low operating temperature and good performance. But unfortunately, in Windows 11, when activating the SVM (Secure Virtual Machine) feature in the BIOS, the operating system simply keeps freezing all the time with Hyper-V's BSOD.

I've tried everything. I have already activated and deactivated all features related to virtualization in the add and remove Windows components, I have uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers related to virtualization and Hyper-V, I have tried a clean installation of Windows 11 with SVM activated, but nothing worked. I don't remember if there was this problem in Windows 10, but I'm almost sure not. On Windows 7 and Linux distributions it works perfectly, it seems to me to be an incompatibility only with Windows 11.

0 Likes