AnsweredAssumed Answered

After recent system downgrade GPUs on my laptop refuse to work with their drivers

Question asked by udwin on Aug 15, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 16, 2019 by udwin

As I've recently got fed up with windows 10 updates screwing up my machine pretty badly every time(amongst it reoccurring problem with graphics drivers), I had installed the trustworthy win7(64bit). The problem is, I have two GPUs. One being Intel HD Graphics 520 and the other dedicated AMD Radeon R5 M330. Combined software for these(supposedly providing a way to switch between them, but with no noticeable impact on performance) from laptop manufacturer's site was heavily outdated and trying to install most recent amd "adrenalin" I've got plenty of errors. The one constantly appearing whenever I've tried to open catalyst control panel or anything else bound to amd graphics being:

"RadeonSettings.exe Entry Point Not Found The procedure entry point ucrtbase.abort could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"

I've tried reinstalling it with different updates, auto detector and windows update. Only the updater gave me new results, letting me know that after long download it wasn't able to recognise my gpu's signature.

The laptop I'm using is HP 250 G4 if that's of use to any good soul willing to help me. Also it came with preinstalled win10 but after some nasty problems with I decided to downgrade to win7 - but that shouldn't be the issue, should it...?

anyways, thanks for any answer on the subject

Outcomes