cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

Feature Request: Support for Node Wrangler Addon

Do you think it would be possible to make RPR compatible with Node Wrangler Addon? It's such a big time saver when it comes to setting up the materials.

If this is no option, it would be nice to have a function like in Luxcore to import multiple images at once.

For now the best workaround is to switch to Cycles or Eevee to connecting the nodes and then switch back to RPR to tweak them.

Cheers,

Johannes

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hey actually it looks like this was fixed on the node wrangler side for 2.90 (or 2.83 too I think)

Fix T73882, T74420: node wrangler operations only working for Cycles … · blender/blender-addons@9896... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Hi Johannes.  What exactly needs to be supported in the node wrangler addon?  I think it should just work with all nodes?

0 Likes

Hey Brian!

The addon simply does not work, if i have RPR selected as renderer. As soon as i switch to Eevee or Cycles it works. It would be cool, if one has not to change between the engines to use the addon.

Thanks for your reply,

Johannes

0 Likes

To be precise, i realized, that the menu on the right side seems to work, but the shortcuts in the shader editor do not work.

0 Likes

Hmmm, this sounds like an issue with their sidethere's nothing we do that should override this. 

One thing I can think of is maybe their addon is only hardcoded to work with cycles.  There is some "enable if render_engine == "CYCLES" type code I've seen in things

0 Likes

Sorry, here comes another one:

almost everything seems to work, for example lazy connect nodes with ALT+RMB. But this very essential CTRL+T and CTRL+SHIFT+T for adding textures is not working for some reason.

Was just about to add a new thread since I also discovered today that Node-Wrangler in general works (and also most of its shortcuts). But Ctrl + T e.g. does not work with RPR active, but does work in Evee or Cycles.

Is there already a fix/workaround for this?

0 Likes

Hey actually it looks like this was fixed on the node wrangler side for 2.90 (or 2.83 too I think)

Fix T73882, T74420: node wrangler operations only working for Cycles … · blender/blender-addons@9896... 

0 Likes