cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

voidcore
Adept III

Vertex colors doesn't work

The attribute node is not supprted as of 2.0.112. As a workaround/alternative it was suggested on the Discord that I should be able to use RPR Lookup set to Vertex Color to get similar effect for use in shaders.

This doesn't seem to work.

I have attached screenshots from and example where I have exported an object from Houdini using alembic with vertex colors. In Blender I have renamed the attribute from "Cd" to "Col" to be Blender standard. EEVEE and Cycles can use this using the Attribute node. 

vertex_colors_eevee.png

Vertex colors in RPR:vertex_color_rpr.png

Preferred solution would be using the Attribute node as the other renderers. Using RPR lookup would be an ok workaround for this particular application.

0 Likes
3 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Hmm, this works on our test scenes, can you attach yours?

0 Likes

I have made a similar example with vertex colors from H via .abc . This also works in cycles and eevee but renders black in RPR. In this case I have tried to make different names for the attibute. Both "Cd" or any other name works for the other renderers if the same name is given in the Attribute node.

0 Likes
arozghon
Challenger

So, looks like now it work correct, wait for future RPR official or beta release and then recheck from your side. Thank youpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes