Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

icecard7
Journeyman III

5700xt 50th memory clock hung

Hi, AMD team

I new purchase 5700XT 50th to my X370 board, it's seems the driver running some bug, memory clock always running in 1750mhz, it cause extremely high temperature on idle time. hope you can fix it asap, i copy log in attachment.

AMD1.png

AMD2.png

0 Likes
3 Replies
alseu
Challenger

I have the exact same problem with 5700 xt non AE version. Memory clock is stuck at 875 mhz according to wattman which leads to high temperatures and power consumption when idle (56-64c)
Have you managed to solve it?

0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

navi reads the memory clock at 875 x 2 = 1750 its normal, just get the fans to run +10% on all temperature points, idle and gaming will be fine. Usually idle it will be around 48c to 50c its perfectly normal blower cards is always abit toasty on idle. If your good with undervolting you can get the card to run cooler.

undervolt navi.JPG

0 Likes
alseu
Challenger

Thing is memory being stuck at max clock when idle is not normal for navi, it's a driver bug that has to be fixed. 
It also causes higher idle power consumtion which is unwelcome.
Don't get me wrong, you are right about that in general customers can live with that and temperatures are not dangerous. I personally undevolted my card and it runs great besides some titles where problems do exist.
Blower style vega 56 that i still run in my second pc is sitting at 22c and 4-5 watt power consumption when idle with similar stock fan speed of 600-700 rpm.

More about the problem and sort of temporary solution: https://community.amd.com/thread/241665

0 Likes