cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

grtrony75
Journeyman III

BSOD Since Updating to 1903 and Installing 15.7.1

I have recently upgraded my windows 10 to 1903 version.It has caused a lot of trouble for me.After installing AMD driver,all problem starts.Sometimes it will get stuck during booting with spinning dots.Sometimes after successful log in ,it will freeze on the desktop screen.Sometimes I will get BSOD with many codes like 'driver irql less or equal','memory management','video tdr failure','thread stuck in device driver'.I have done every solution available  on every forum but nothing is working.I have clean installed windows 10 1903,installed latest updates, removed and reinstalled amd driver. I have scanned all the sfc and dism check but no solution is working for my laptop.Finally I have removed the amd driver and windows 10 is working properly.Can anyone help me how to fix this.My laptop specs are as follows.

Model no-Hp pavilion g6 2136 tx 

switchable graphics-1.Intel hd graphics 3000

2.AMD radeon HD 7670M

windows 10 pro 64 bit 

ram 8 gb

Please help me somebody.I have tried everything.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

You can try using the 16.2.1 Beta driver which was the last supported driver for your AMD GPU on Windows 10. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7670m

If you experience the same issue here it could be one of the following:

1. The new Win 10 build is not compatible with the AMD driver. This is possible as the drivers for your graphics card are three years old and they were validated on older builds of Windows. 

2. If you having tried using an older build of Windows and the same issue occurs, perhaps your AMD GPU is faulty. 

There are no more driver updates planned for the HD7600M. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

Your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements set by Microsoft for Win10. The biggest issue is the Intel graphics. You will have to live with the drivers furnished by Microsoft. This will allow you to surf the web...but that's it.

https://community.amd.com/thread/190079 

Dude I don't know where you were checking for requirements but My laptop easily qualifies the min req for Win 10.I was running Win10 withou any issues for last 2 years. Infact even noe I am running it by changing the amd driver to microsoft basic display driver.I do agree that intel with amd graphics are problematic but AMD should also give some support as the issue is happening with amd not intel.Intel driver is working properly.

0 Likes

Where do I check? Microsoft and Intel. Don't think you are the first person ask this question.

You have a Intel graphics that is not supported...no drivers

You have a AMD graphics chip that is Legacy...no more updates

You are running on basic drivers for both that allow you to use your computer. Switchable graphics will not function. Surf the web...that's about it.

You have the option to use the Leshcat drivers. They are in the AMD 16.xxx version, but your laptop will work correctly. Google it.

Thank you for your valuable input.

Good luck

0 Likes

Nobody is saying that you were not running Windows 10 fine before. What is being said is that both your Intel and AMD graphics are in legacy status meaning NO NEW DRIVERS EVER FROM AMD OR INTEL. So the only hope for fixes are any fixes MS does to their repository drivers for your product. You should let MS know of your issues since the 1903 update. Unfortunately companies only support products for so long. Often times IMHO too short. Regardless you can revert to Window 1809 or look into the Leshcat drivers already mentioned. I am not familiar with those but if it's an option it may be worth trying.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

You can try using the 16.2.1 Beta driver which was the last supported driver for your AMD GPU on Windows 10. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7670m

If you experience the same issue here it could be one of the following:

1. The new Win 10 build is not compatible with the AMD driver. This is possible as the drivers for your graphics card are three years old and they were validated on older builds of Windows. 

2. If you having tried using an older build of Windows and the same issue occurs, perhaps your AMD GPU is faulty. 

There are no more driver updates planned for the HD7600M. 

0 Likes