cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tikolo
Adept II

Windows 10 1903 + AMD driver 19.7.1

Hi guys. There is an old laptop Lenovo ideapad 110-15ACL AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics + discrete AMD Radeon R5 M430 2gb., RAM 8 Gb, ssd 240 Gb.
Until 1903, all driver versions worked fine. After installing 1903, the laptop only works with the old v.21.19.512.0 (21.03.2017) drivers from the Lenovo website.
But if I disable a discrete card in BIOS, then I can install any, even the newest driver. When installing any AMD Video driver,  Win10 1903 is loading, but a black
 screen and an empty taskbar. If you install the old driver v.21.19.512.0 (21.03.2017) from the Lenovo website or turn off the discrete card, it works super.
What could be the problem? Why do all new drivers work for 1809, but not for 1903? What could be the problem?

Main question !!! Does 19.6.3 work with discrete AMD Radeon R5 M430 ???  I have so far 1809 LTSC ,I'm waiting for a working driver

24 Replies

The 1903 update has/is causing lots of issues.

Are you installing the correct driver? Please read this > Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

0 Likes

I do, but on 1903 a black screen

0 Likes

Tell me please!!! How can I find out which chipset I have, and which driver is needed for my chipset ??? PLEASE!!!

0 Likes

You go to Lenovo support and install it.

Home - PC Support - US 

0 Likes

Install Speccy..it's free. Tells you all you want to know

Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free! 

0 Likes
pcguy25
Adept I

Issus with installing 19.5.2 on Windows 10(1903) 

Having issues since the beginning of the rollout of 1903. A8-6410 with Radeon R5 and discrete Radeon R7 M260, same issues.

Just tried installing the newest 19.6.1 drivers, didn't work...

0 Likes
jdrobinson314
Challenger

I just came across a random you tube video where they were using the "Snappy Driver Installer" and I wonder what it would pick up on these systems where people can't find their chipset drivers, have unusual chipset setups to begin with, or have other weird installation issues...

0 Likes
tikolo
Adept II

Tell me please!!! How can I find out which chipset I have, and which driver is needed for my chipset ??? PLEASE!!!

0 Likes

Just checked your processor/APU...Here.  It incorporates Enduro...which is no longer supported. The current drivers will not work. Choose a previous driver from the link I furnished...select one before the 19.5.1. A6-7310 with Radeon™ R4 Graphics Previous Drivers | AMD 

Important Notes

Support for AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode has been discontinued starting with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Users who wish to continue to use AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.

But at Win10 1809 driver 19.6.1 works super

0 Likes

Then why in the world are you messing with it? As I and a jillion people have said, Win10 1903 is/has caused many issues.

Pappy was right ya know? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

0 Likes

Win 10 1903, no driver other than 21.19.512.0 (17.1.1)  works

0 Likes

At Win 10 1809 all driver versions work fine

dobscon2
Adept I

I am having the same issue

0 Likes
alonemrinal
Adept I

AMD Adrenalin 19.6.2 is out. They are only fixing Ryzen and Vulcan things. Not bothered about legacy and APU devices it seems.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-6-2

Regards

0 Likes

That may be the case right now as you those legacy devices are not available anymore and may not be worth the money to throw at and just want customers to invest in the newer stuff. 

0 Likes
fantasticomid
Journeyman III

Hello 

first , you uninstall your display driver with this software 

download from here

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.1.5 

and you download old version AMD driver from here 

AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 16.12.2 driver download Jan 9 WHQL Release 

your Problem will solve 100%

best Regards ..

0 Likes

The fact is that at 1809 and below all versions of drivers work, and on 1903 drivers ONLY from the Lenovo site work. (17.7.2_ v.21.19.512.0 march 2017) Whose fault? AMD or Microsoft?

0 Likes

there is no this trouble in previous windows version.

version 1809, All drivers works good..

I think this windows version do not support older device. focus on new devices.

my problem solved with install a older version..

0 Likes
dobscon2
Adept I

I just reverted back to the drivers from my manufacturer website and issue has been resolved. HP’s drivers are a bit out of date for my APU don’t know if this will cause some compatibility issues in the future.

I do not know if my problem is the same but when I tried to install the latest driver 19.7.1 which is optional now and I understand your system must have the latest drivers which I do as I ran the Windows update option twice. Windows Feature update 1903 is the latest driver and do have that installed. I kept getting error message 1603 and I cleaned up my registry files and no good so I had to revert to the former driver which works. My understanding is that AMD cannot produce any new drivers until MS relays what the next update is going to change so there must be an problem with MS or AMD or both. I hope they fix this as I do have an spare Nvidia GTX 1070 waiting to be used. I do like the RX 590 and will relegate to one of other systems if need be.

0 Likes