cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

pan6467
Adept II

Feedback on my issue with my RX 470

I AM BEYOND TRYING TO BE CIVIL, I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR A GPU CARD AND I EXPECT IT TO WORK AND IF IT DOESN'T I EXPECT THE COMPANY TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH ME ABOUT THE ISSUE. AMD SEEMS TO NOT CARE THAT THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE A CUSTOMER.

0 Likes
7 Replies

You can rant all you want but unless you explain further what problems you are having plus your computer setup it would be nice.

Here is AMD link to AMD Support: Online Service Request | AMD . This concerns AMD software and hardware issues you are having.

I see you opened a AMD Thread at AMD Graphics Forum and no one answered; why will my RX470 not work? I also notice you gave absolutely no information on your computer setup which makes it difficult for other Users to help you. Plus you weren't that clear on the HDMI issue you were having with the integrated Graphics and your motherboard.

NOTE: Found out you opened your AMD Thread two hours ago. Need to be patient plus as mentioned above you need to post more information.

I apologize, I have an RX470 (this is my 3rd one) and on each I keep getting error 43. I try downloading the flash but can't open it because it is an .rar file. I have never had an issue with Nvidia cards but for some reason so far the past 3 AMD RX470s are problematic. I like the idea that they are basically the same as the GTX1060 but by far cheaper. That was a huge selling point as I was building my rig. I have looked online for the solution to error code 43 and there isn't much except to flash it. Again, I download the flash but can't seem to get it to do anything. Doing this for 3 cards and getting no help, I am beside myself and out of patience. what was supposed to be an affordable build has now cost me more than if I had gone out and bought a prebuilt. But building is a matter of pride and feeling of accomplishment, so when I have this issue and come to AMD looking for more than forum help (and I see that there have been similar questions but it seems a lot have gone unanswered) then I begin to really get frustrated. It's like does anyone have any customer service anymore? 

So there you have it, again I apologize for the frustrated rant but I am just at the point where all I want is an answer that will get the card running. I would buy a brand new one, but sadly after buying 3 used (which if I knew I would have this issue I would have bought a new one to begin with, but it is what it is and I made a bad choice in trying to be cheap.  

No problem, I can understand your frustration. Please if your not sure what Computer or software you have installed please download a small free program called SPECCY and upload it to see what you have.

Also download and install a free program called GPU-Z and see if the Specs shown on your used RX470 is the same Specs shown at GPU-Z creator's website: AMD Radeon RX 470 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database .

Here is where you can compare your RX470 vBIOS to see if it is the same for your GPU Card Manufacturer: VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp 

Everything from above is to help make sure you didn't purchase a fake GPU card or altered GPU card. Plus they have for download to proper ATI GPU Flashing program to re-flash your vBIOS if applicable.

Here is Microsoft official docs concerning Device Manager Error 43:

Here is the latest RX470 AMD Driver from AMD Download page:Radeon™ RX 470 Drivers & Support | AMD 

Follow this basic installation procedure to make sure your current Driver when is uninstalled won't interfere with the new AMD Driver:

install AMD driver:
1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

Also is your BIOS set for your RX470 as the main Graphics Adapter to boot up with and not your Integrated APU? 

I know I gave you a lot of information but hopefully it will help narrow down your RX470 issues.

Thanks I will try this. I may just return it and breakdown and buy a new one. Hate what these miners (since I did look online and searched for answers to the problem and it seems this is a crypto type issue) are doing first hey run up the prices then the dump their garbage on e-bay. I guess we get what we pay for. 

Thanks very much for your help, I truly appreciate it. 

Not really sure, but even if the GPU card vBIOS was altered for mining, it should still work with the AMD Drivers.

If you believe your GPU card vBIOS was altered for mining purposes, you can download your vBIOS either from your GPU manufacturer Support site (best way) or the website I linked showing all the vBIOS for your RX470.

That is the problem about buying used GPU Card or Hardware in general from sites like Ebay or Amazon Marketplace. You never know what condition the hardware you are getting is in. Hopefully you can return your GPU card, if unable to get it to work, and get a refund from PayPal.  If the seller doesn't want to refund your money you can open a dispute with PayPal.

Good luck!

NOTE: if it is within your budget I would try to get a RX590 or RX5xx series GPU card. At Newegg.com a RX590 is being sold for about 230.00 US Dollars.

I did get an MSI RX 580 4GB from Newegg for 119.99. Love it, but it crashes my system with Wattman. 

0 Likes

Most Users of RX5xx GPU Cards especially the higher end RX5xx needs to configure AMD Wattman properly so that the GPU card will be more stable.

This is how to configure AMD Wattman from a previous current AMD Thread concerning RX5xx GPU card:

The black screens are power ceiling and thermal throttling issues. This is common to all RX 580 and RX 590's.

Set your power limit to +50 and use a custom fan and temp curve. I have attached my curve for reference. Do similar with yours.

This should be your first step in troubleshooting your RX580 crashes.

0 Likes