Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

spike7491
Journeyman III

Issue setting up graphics card for second screen via HMDI Cable

Hello there

I have just spent a lot of time and effort fitting a HDMI Cable under my floor boards so that I can send videos etc from my PC to my TV , when I first connected my HDMI cable to my Graphics card on my TV  ( my monitor is connected to my graphics card via VGA cable  ) ,  I got my desktop image but no icons were showing .

I messed about with the AMD Catylist Control centre settings , then I got icons showing on the TV , but when I come out of the AMD Control Center and re booted , they did not show and now when I plug in the HDMI cable into my PC , then click on a icon it does not load up to a full screen just shows on the bottom task bar , if I hover over the icon then it will show a mini full page obove it , and the info on the task bar is not all there ( No , audio icon, ENG as in keyboard icon , or internet icon ) but the TV is showing all the task bar !

So I do not know what has happened I can not do any settings with the HDMI cable plugged in because there is no full screen to see anything .

Has anyone got any idea what the problem could be , I am thinking of removing the Graphics card uninstalling the AMD Control Center then reistall card etc ! .

Windows 10 ,64 bit ,

home built PC:  Gigabyet GA-73PVM

4Gb ram 

Graphics: AMD HD Radeon 6670 Driver v15.200.1062.1004

Display :Hp W1907  via VGA 

TV: LG 43" 43LF540V  via HDMI

cheers

Spike

0 Likes
3 Replies

You need to supply detailed INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION for someone to offer assistance.

And delete your other identical post.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

And delete your other identical post., not sure what you mean !

0 Likes

Issue setting up graphics card for second screen via HMDI Cable

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes