cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

graphics_5400_user
Journeyman III

I accidently moved the brightness slider control to zero, and now I can't see anything. :(

I'm stuck! I moved the brightness slider control to zero inside the Catalyst control software, and now the screen is so dark, I can't see *anything*.  (I have tried using the monitor's brightness settings, but I still can't see anything.)  The only way I can use my PC now is to abandon the HDMI cable, and use a DVI cable.  I've uninstalled all ATI software, and reinstalled it, but as soon as the reinstallation has completed, the screen goes black again, because I guess it's using my old accidental "zero brightness" setting - perhaps from the system registry?

Does anyone know how I can set my brightness level to a normal value again, when using an HDMI cable?  I wonder if it's a registry entry value/setting that I could change, using a RegEdit piece of software?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

0 Likes
1 Reply

Reinstall the drivers with the Clean Install option, it will reset it. If you're using a legacy product (HD 6000 series or older), however, Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

0 Likes