cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

gelert
Elite

Hair Info Node missing in RPR v2.0.52

Sample file attached. Created in RPR v2.0.52 with Blender 2.8 nightly.

My previous bug about multi coloured Hair using the ColorRamp was missing a vital node which I didn't know know about at the time.

The node is called "hair info" and it allows the Hair Intercept to be used as a Factor value on the ColorRamp.

This then allows the creation of muti-colour hair strands with normal shaders. e.g. to make the root of the hair darker than the tip.

EEVEE Result:

pastedImage_2.png

Cycles Result:

pastedImage_1.png

RPR v2.0.52 Result for final render (preview just crashes):

pastedImage_3.png

Sample file attached.

3 Replies
gelert
Elite

This issue is not resolved in the latest RPR 2.0.85.

0 Likes
gelert
Elite

This issue is not resolved in RPR 2.0.94.

I don't really care that much about the above info node making multi colour hair. It would be nice to have but... it would be amazing to have the Principled Hair Shader instead. Is this on the possibilities list?

v2.0.94 can now preview the hair which is great.

pastedImage_1.png

However... if you click on the Cube Material with a preview running the hair will immediately vanish using a GPU to preview which is very odd (it doesn't matter which material you click a full restart of the preview is required to get it going again). The cube is also not blue. It takes the average Hair colour.

pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for reporting. I went ahead and sent to the developers a feature request for this. I think a hair shader is a good thing to have, we also needs this in Maya as well.

0 Likes