cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rawar
Journeyman III

AMD HD 6700m Series not installed on windows 10

So my laptop brand is ASUS and im running ADM Radeon™ HD 6700M Series, Im having a problem on Windows 10 64 bit. Lately Im having a problem installing the latest driver, I went to Windows® 10 Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ Graphics Productsto find my driver but I can't find my driver, and I found that my laptop says that I dont have any driver installed even If I updated it automatically.

If I install the latest automatically it says I did not install any drivers, but If I go to the older version it says that the driver work properly. 

And If I play it goes black screen mid game, so I try playing music at another program while playing and what happen is that my screen went black screen mid game but my music goes on ( Im using the Release ver. of ADM 6700m series since that is the only one works)

( I don't know much about laptop processor and graphic stuff )

Brand: ASUS
RAM: 6.00
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Processors: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU / 2.20GHz
Display adpater: ADM Radeon™ HD 6700M Series

0 Likes
4 Replies

Either install GPU-Z or SPECCY to determine which 6700m GPU Card you have installed. Then go here: AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

That particular GPU Card - 6730m or 6770m is considered to be obsolete or "Legacy". AMD doesn't support it anymore with Driver updates.

I looked at both and both have the same driver dates. The WHQL driver from 2015 and the BETA Driver from 2016 (Windows 10 x64).

If Asus has similar dated drivers for your laptop, than it is best to use Asus Laptop drivers for your 67xxM gpu card. They are the most compatible and best driver for your laptop.

Your laptop does not support Windows10. Not only are the AMD graphics Legacy (no more updates) but the Intel HD3000 graphics do not meet Microsoft's minimum requirements for Win10. Windows Update will install a basic driver that allows you to surf the web...but that's about it.

https://community.amd.com/thread/190079 

I expect to see a lot more posts from laptop owners as the deadline for Win7 approaches.

upgrading to windows 10 on dell inspiron N4050 model is showing AMD graphics device is working fine ... 

Some high end laptops have the option in the bios to disable the integrated graphics (Intel) and use only the discrete graphics (AMD). If your laptop bios has this option, change it to 'fixed' or 'static'...instead of the default 'switchable' or 'dynamic'. Some laptop manufacturers have a bios update to allow this function if it is not already present. You then install the most current AMD driver (16.2.1). You will not have switchable graphics anymore, and the laptop will have a much shortened battery life, and it will run hotter...but it should function under Win10.

Enabling Fixed Mode Switchable Graphics in the BIOS

Enable switchable graphics mode to fixed to be able to manually choose your graphics processor setting. To do so, use the following steps:
NOTE: 
These steps and the screen image may be slightly different for your experience depending on the version of BIOS on your computer.
  1. With the power off, make sure the power adapter is connected to the computer and plugged into a power source.
  2. Turn on the computer using the power button and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly until a BIOS Setup utility screen appears.
  3. Press the Right Arrow key to select System Configuration.
  4. Press the Down Arrow key to select Switchable Graphics Mode.
    NOTE: 
    If you do not see Switchable Graphics Mode in the BIOS or it cannot be selected, see the following section Updating the BIOS to enable Fixed Mode.
  5. Press Enter, select Fixed, and press Enter again.
  6. Press F10 and select Yes to save settings and exit.
    Figure : Example of a setting the Switchable Graphics Mode to Fixed
     Insyde BIOS Setup Utility screen showing Switchable Graphics setting.
Now you can set the GPU setting for high-performance or power-savings manually as needed. For more information about the Switchable Graphics feature on the notebook PC, see How to Configure ATI Mobility Radeon Switchable Graphics.

Error "No AMD graphics driver is installed" may appear after changing the BIOS setting to Dynamic Mode

If the notebook PC is using Fixed Mode Switchable Graphics and is configured to the power-saving or iGPU setting and then shutdown and changed to the Dynamic Switchable Graphics in the F10 Setup, the following error message may appear after the notebook has restarted:
No AMD graphics driver is installed
After the error appears, the display resolution will be reset to 800x600.
To prevent this issue, ensure that the notebook is using the High-Performance (dGPU) in the Catalyst Control Center before shutting down Windows and changing to Dynamic Switchable Graphics in F10 Setup.
To fix this problem after the error message appears use the following steps:
  1. Click Start, type Device Manager and click Device Manager.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to expand the Display Adapters.
  3. Right-click the Radeon (TM) HD (AMD graphic adapter) and select Enable.
  4. Restart the computer when prompted.
After restarting, the error message will not be displayed and the display resolution will be set properly.

Updating the BIOS to enable Fixed Mode

Several series of HP notebook PCs originally came only with dynamic switchable graphics. For these computers, you must first update the BIOS to enable the Fixed mode setting in the BIOS.