cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

skooter1992
Newcomer

Help With HDMI Scaling

Hey everyone! I need some help with an HDMI scaling issue. I recently bought a new TV. I'm using a 55inch 4k LG, which is a substantial upgrade from old 32 inch Standard-HD LG TV. I use this TV basically as a monitor for my computer. I like to play games on a big screen. I used to use the HDMI scaling option under "Display" on the Radeon Settings App to make the screen fit perfectly. But now that option is not there. It used to be a slider bar I could adjust, now it's totally gone. I'v included some images so you can see what I'm talking about. The problem is the very top and bottom portions of the screen is just barely cut off. You can tell by looking at the "Recycle Bin" Icon and my Steam App at the top. Or the Time/Date and Calendar at the bottom corner. It's really just hardly noticeable. It's totally usable and all, I just find it annoying. If anyone has any clue how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. I tried a bunch of stuff, most of the things I found on Google either didn't apply to my problem, didn't work, or just made things worse.

0 Likes
2 Replies

This thread might help, last two posts 19.2.1 Driver update and HDMI scaling on LG 4k TV's

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

It was worth a shot, but unfortunately this didn't work. I don't have the "Just Scan" option they were talking about. The only aspect ratios I have are "16:9", "4:3", "Original" which is the one I use now, and several "Zoom" options. I tried changing the aspect ratio, just in case. But that did nothing. The Original and 16:9 setting seem to be the exact same anyway. I do appreciate the response though. It was a good try. Thanks!

0 Likes