Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thiih_
Journeyman III

Cannot use 19.x.x driver with my Vega 64

Hi everyone,

Currently I'm using 18.12.1 since newer drivers had the atl+tab delay and that bothered me. Now it seems to be solved but I'm unable to use "any" of the new drivers (19.x.x) with my Vega 64.

DDU -> 19.3.1 
DDU -> 19.2.3
DDU -> 19.2.2
tried some chipset (from AMD and Gigabyte website) with GPU 19.x.x driver combinations and none of it seems to work here.. in all situations above I got massive stuttering, lagging, Metro Exodus Bench can barely run, clocks/power draw keep going up and down up and down and I got like 3~4 FPS on it.. and I tried to play R6Siege dispite of its known glitch bug, no luck either

So I gave up, DDU -> 18.12.1 and everything runs fine.

Next step it would be reinstalling the system, but I just did a fresh install last month, so I not really sure it will solve it, and 18.12.1 drivers works perfectly

My Specs are:

Windows 10 1809
R7 2700x

Giabyte X470 Gaming 7

16GB DDR4 3733@3466
LG Curved 34UC79 144hz

EVGA 750W G3

Any thoughts? thanks!!

1 Solution

Can confirm, working on stock bios. Currently running driver 19.4.1 It really sucks though since all overclock potential is gone :/ Did you ever find a solution for newer drivers?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
thiih_
Journeyman III

Seems to be related to LC BIOS being flashed on reference card after a custom water cooler mod.

Metro Exodus Benchmark on LOW settings

Imgur: The magic of the Internet 

2ristede
Adept I

Hello there. I think i got the same problem as you.

19.1.1 works for me the newer drivers 19.1.2 - 19.4.1 dosnt work at all. Huge interval framedrops.

I suspect it has something to do with windows update because i didnt have any problems prior to win10 1809 built

I run crossfire vega56/64... turning off crossfire didnt solve it either. it pretty much happens in every game/grafics app for me..

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vldAHR3HXQs the load indicator on the vegas go down on the framedrops so i guess its some power issue problem...

Have had this problem a while now. Would be nice with a reply from AMD if they are aware of this issue.

0 Likes

ok i have flashed LC bios on my vegas as well. I would like to know if this is a bug in the newer drivers or because the newer drivers dosnt want to run on flashed bios.

0 Likes

Can confirm, working on stock bios. Currently running driver 19.4.1 It really sucks though since all overclock potential is gone :/ Did you ever find a solution for newer drivers?

0 Likes
srs13rastus
Adept III

I'm having similar issues ANY driver from 18.12.1.1 onwards doesn't allow ANY manual overclocking whatsoever.

Stock BIOS on my Vega 64 and I get incessant crashes in FH3 and NOTHING works to resolve this.

IMO AMD have deliberately borked the drivers ever since and have refused to even LOOK into this.

I've gone so far as to completely reinstall Win 10 and ALL drivers plus a total reinstall of ALL MS Store games and NOTHING changes.

AMD have done buugger all to address these issues instead concentrating on attempts to force people to upgrade/replace their hardware..

I aint biting! AMD can take along walk off a short pier as this is the LAST product I'll be buying from them!

2ristede
Adept I

Silly me, managed to get the default bios to outdo LC bios and at better temps too. Wish i knew earlier. No reason to use the LC bios at all anymore. Give the stock bios a try again guys. You will be suprised. 

Just wanted to report back my findings

0 Likes
stefan_s86
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have similiar problems. See also this thread here: https://community.amd.com/message/2926292 

But my problems are not FPS drops - I can not install this drivers at all. As soon as installation reaches 50% and driver activates I get crash.

Also have not overclocked card. Although Nitro is stock OC.

Did you find a a solution?

0 Likes