Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

cesarin
Elite

Adrenalin Software BSOD Crash ON INSTALL (UPDATED May 13 2019) FINALLY SOLVED

May 13 2019 UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

After 5 months and 13 days when the last functional driver was launched and after struggling with 13 failed versions and without any response, AMD FINALLY launches 19.5.1 version, which solves the installation problem and works as it should . Unfortunately for many all this time is an eternity for the solution of such a simple problem, but well, we hope it will never happen again and that there will be no new problems with Windows 10 May Update 1903.

We do not thanks for this solution, because it is an AMD DUTY to attend and solve all the inconveniences that arise to give support to its users, so we are not doing favors to thank. They are in the obligation to solve this type of problems, on the contrary, it is considered an excessive time for this solution. We hope that with this you also pay attention to an improvement in the service to your customers.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that when you start your installation and when it reaches 33%, 50% or 62%, the PC is restarted and creating a blue  screen (BSOD) with the code 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, generated because of atikmdag.sys and in which it remains in a permanent restart cycle until it is restored to a previous configuration.

Install-y-BSOD.png

When reviewing the Installation.log file, it can be clearly seen that it is an error in the package that causes the installation to stop and fail.

[ERROR] - ERROR_DRIVER_PACKAGE_NOT_IN_STORE::[000000ADE1EF7F90] There does not exist an INF file in the driver store that corresponds to the INF file specified by DriverPackageInfPath.

LOG.png

The latest version that works is 18.12.1.1, November 2018.

There are several affected models, among which are HD 7970, R9 280X, R9 390X, RX460 etc.

List of things that I have tried

• Clean installation of Windows 10
  • Deactivating Antivirus Software and the Internet
  • Uninstall Old Drivers with DDU and AMD Cleaning Tool in safe mode
  • Test the Graphics Card in another computer.

List of failed drivers on install process

• 18.12.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 18.12.3 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.1.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.1.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.2.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.2.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.2.3 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.3.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.3.2 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.3.3 (Crash in 33% of Installation)
  • 19.4.1 (Crash in 33% of Installation
  • 19.4.2 (Crash in 62% of Installation)
  • 19.4.3 (Crash in 50% of Installation)

339 Replies

Nvidia Forum also suggest using DDU to uninstall their drivers. In fact, the Author of DDU has a permanent link at Nvidia Forums. I use the same procedures for both AMD and Nvidia driver with positive results.

Seems to be some other HD models too from what I have read in the past concerning the latest Drivers.

As you know it can be very difficult determining whether it is a strictly a driver issue or hardware issue or combination of both. In this case it seems to be a combination of both driver and hardware issues.

0 Likes

DDU has been around a long time. And that has always been the what they recommend. It doesn't change the fact that for most this was not a necessary step. It also doesn't change the fact that with the HD 7970 as stated in 5 separate threads in these forums that I know of that they have all tried this to get the driver loaded and it does not help. In regard to this specific card, I think something is going on in these cards. Apparently the AMD folks do to as they have people looking to change the registry settings to get the card to load. But apparently this setting isn't showing for many people. That may be because they did use DDU and it removed it. It wouldn't be added again as the driver won't load!

Now I don't agree that this issues specific to the this line of cards if a combination of hardware and driver, as it is specific to the card and too many people have the exact same issue suddenly plus they can load an old driver and get it working again. So no, I doubt hardware issue. But I never say never, it wouldn't be the first or even the 10th time I've been proven wrong is regard, LOL.

0 Likes
cesarin
Elite

It is clear that it is a punctual problem of the Adrenalin drivers with the HD 79XX models since all of us who have this problem have Windows 10 in its latest version and updated updates. Please a quick help to this problem.

Try the new drivers >  https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-2172 

Not workin also so we are totally ignored by amd 

Still not an acknowledge issue either. 

0 Likes
heddvich
Journeyman III

Have the same problem with HD 8570M

cesarin
Elite

As always AMD choosing the easy way to help and provide support to their customers, in this new revision of the Adrenalin 19.2.3 drivers simply removed the HD 79XX series from its compatibility list and that already removed that problem above the complaints from users that we still have those series.

The worrying thing is that it is not only from this version that causes that incompatibility if not from version 18.12.2 and they never did anything to correct the problem if they did not simply dismiss this series.

COMPATIBILITY.png

That clears up the mystery. AMD should put the HD 7xxx in Legacy mode like the HD 6xxx and below. 

Then post the last known compatible AMD Drivers for the HD 7xxx Desktop GPU Cards.

What is weird, I inputted at AMD Download page for the AMD HD 7850 which I have. For Windows 10 it shows the latest AMD Driver but under "Release" notes as stated previous it doesn't show the HD 7xxx Desktop GPUs as being compatible but does show the HD 7xxxM Laptop versions as combatible:

Yes, that's also what I realized, the truth is you do not know that you are thinking about this problem or if maybe it is a serious problem only of the desktop series, but also to me when entering by the last driver for HD 7970 shows me that the last one is 19.2.3.

Yes it does still show the driver to be for those cards just not the release notes. I will check tonight on my HD 7870 and see if it still installs.

Didn't notice that they're missing from the compat list now, but I have 19.2.3 working fine on a hd7870 (reference Pitcairn GHz Ed., not a Tahiti LE). If the installation is crashing on 7970s, that's surely a problem with a driver that still has their hwid on the inf files. CGN 1.0 cards were sold up until the r7 370. It'd be a shot in foot if they removed support now, but more so with Tahiti cards, as they still perform respectably despite their age.

My Asus HD 7870 seems to be fine with recent drivers. My card is Pitcairn and GCN 1.0 which is still supported.

It is something specific to the 7970. It's the same thing the last several drivers. They loaded on my 7870 and 7950 too. So there is no logical reason for it to not load on a 7970 other than a bug. Everyone with this issues just needs to keep reporting it. 

That is complete LAZY BS! It is still the same GCN architecture. I don't know how they expect their customers to keep supporting them with this level of support and lack of communication. I hope this isn't permanent and they are just not listing it as it doesn't work at the moment.

True, it is the same GCN Architecture, but the GPU drivers is able to use a lot more power for the GPU Desktop, while the Laptop version the power is limited. That is the only difference  I can see between the Desktop and Laptop AMD GPU Drivers. Plus the Laptop version may not use all the specific features that a Desktop GPU would use due to power and temperature limitations of the laptop.

0 Likes

Debating why this isn't listed is really pointless. I can end this right here. The the R9 280 is a rebadge of the exact same card. It is still listed as supported. 

0 Likes

Good point.

Was just hypothesizing as to why the laptop version is supported while the desktop wasn't.

That was an error in the notes, which has been fixed.

No sir, it has not been fixed since many previous versions that have been released.

¿Where did you see that it's already fixed?

He said it is a error in the notes....

0 Likes

Yes I too saw that thanks for the update. They still have not acknowledge why it won't load on the cards and if they are looking into it could they add it as a known bug. This isn't an isolated issue. Maybe you have better luck, could you ask ray to send this to engineering. I asked matt and he never replied.

Thanks!

On Friday, March 8, 2019, 12:21:04 PM CST, kingfish <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

Re: Adrenalin Software 19.3.1 BSOD Crash (HD 7970 and others models)

in Drivers & Software

He said it is a error in the notes....

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Likes

Hi,

Is anyone at AMD looking into why the driver will not load specifically on HD7970. This has been wide spread since the 2019 drivers. It doesn't affect other cards. My HD 7950 loads. The re-badge 280 loads. Just not the 7970s.

On Friday, March 8, 2019, 9:02:35 AM CST, ray_m <amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:

|

Community

Re: Adrenalin Software 19.3.1 BSOD Crash (HD 7970 and others models)

in Drivers & Software

That was an error in the notes, which has been fixed.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

0 Likes

Hello Pokester, I do not understand what you mean by "That was an error in the notes, which has been fixed."? and this in that it helps to solve the problem with the 7970's?

0 Likes

He said the omission of the 7900 series was a error and has been fixed....get it?

Ok I understood, thanks for the clarification, and by chance you know if out of that change in the compatibility list, did something to make the Driver in the HD 7XXX series work? or remains the same?

0 Likes

I have no idea. Ray was responding to the posts that the HD7000 series was not listed in the release notes.

0 Likes
cesarin
Elite

I wanted to do anyway the test of installing these new 19.2.3 and what I suspected, I rebooted in 33% of Installation and BSOD like 19.2.2 and its previous ones. The truth with this is this HD 79XX series out of coverage before any other possible update.

Anyway, it is not surprising since AMD does not release WHQL Drivers long ago, if they are not only test after test to see what works and what does not, but if this is disrespectful to users. :/

Install-y-BSOD.png

cesarin
Elite

I think it is not a problem if it is or is not in the list of the last 19.2.3, since as I have said several times in this post, the same problem comes from 7 previous versions of the same driver and not corrected. So what they decided to reduce the complaints and claims of the users was the easy way that is to remove it from the compatibility list in order to have the perfect excuse of not meeting those requirements.

I get what you are saying. But for many of us it isn't exactly the same problem. We could get the last few 2018 drivers to load if we did it just right. But now these things just won't load on the HD 7970s. Either way it's semantics and AMD isn't acknowledging the problem. Hopefully they aren't just fixing it by saying they are not supporting them. I'm very much hoping this is and over-site in those release notes. If it isn't that's a big other story.

0 Likes
ataman
Adept I

Good day, such a problem, the card R9280X-DC2T-3GD5-V2 (ASUS R9 280X DirectCU II TOP V2) The problem of such a plan, the last driver who managed to install it: Driver version 25.20.14011.10001 Driver date 30.11.2018 when installing more fresh wood BSOD appears and the system goes into recovery. WIN 10-64

xaldorn
Adept II

Soo still no offical answer ? looks like we are not amd costumers...

cesarin
Elite

The only "official" answer is the elimination of the HD 79XX series from the compatibility list in the latest Adrenalin drivers and the truth is more like the quick exit of them for their customers instead of working to solve this problem.

I really believe that they will not give more importance to the problems generated with the HD 79XX series with its latest drivers.

If someone in this forum has contact or can send the direct request to the AMD technical service, I would appreciate it, just to know if they are going to solve the problem or if they confirm that they are not going to do anything and be able to close the chapter of this error.

Thank you

0 Likes

Why don't you send a message to AMD yourself?

Online Service Request | AMD 

I did it a long time ago and several times, but the last thing they told me was that I tried to make the adjustment in the windows registry but I never found those folders which I asked them again but they just ignored me and never answered me again . so if someone else can report that problem I thank you

Unfortunately the link Kingfish gave is the ONLY AVENUE ANY OF US HAVE TO COMMUNICATE WITH AMD.

We are all at their mercy to communicate back. I realize you got a bad answer.

Most answers in the past year I have gotten are scripted, and don't help, if I get an answer at all.

I do keep reporting issues though, hoping for the best.

Now in comparison, I needed some help from Nvidia on trying to figure out a redemption code last Saturday night, and their tech support answered my issue at 1am in the morning with text chat from their website. A pretty huge improvement in actually communicating with customers over what AMD does. They could learn a thing or three from the green team in this regard.  Their support and driver teams also actually participate in their forums too.

xaldorn
Adept II

i'll think they mocking me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the response

I understand that you are unable to update the latest driver

This issue could be causing due to the multiple reasons:

• Driver files conflict.

• Corrupted Driver/OS files.

Performing the clean installation of the latest driver could resolve this issue.

Here are few steps, I would like you to try on your computer.

Perform clean uninstallation of the existing driver using DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

Once the drivers are uninstalled restart the computer in normal mode, install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows.

Then install the latest 19.2.3 Adrenalin edition driver, provided in the below link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

Thanks for contacting AMD

In order to update this service request, please respond, leaving the service request reference intact.

Best regards,

Vikas

AMD Global Customer Care

I think it's hilarious they don't even recommend their own clean utility. Even they use DDU! Sure sounds like a scripted answer. I hope AMD is funding DDU for doing their support for them. 

ataman
Adept I

Unfortunately, the above method does not work, I reinstalled windows, the problem is not solved.
0 Likes
cesarin
Elite

It's true, I've already tried it ALL, the direct advice from AMD and the users of this forum.

• Reinstall Windows 10 from Zero
  • Update Windows 10 to its latest version
  • Test with all versions of Drivers from 18.12.2 to 19.2.3 and all fail with the same BSOD problem
  • Unistall cleanly with DDU and AMD Cleaning Tool in Safe Mode

But none of these has worked for me, and I have not received an answer from AMD to follow up on my case.

As I said, the last one that worked for my HD7970 was the driver 18.12.1.1 on December 25, 2018. 

Apparently is a problem that is happening to many users and not only with the HD 79XX series if not with others, which confirms that the problem is AMD with its drivers, not the users. Then it is more than clear that it is a problem in the driver and not in the computers of the users, but AMD instead of recognizing and solving it, chose the easy way to remove this HD 79XX series from its compatibility list, leaving users without options.

Now I have another question already related to the driver 18.12.1.1 that I am using, which I detail in the next post, in case you want to help me identify the problem.

Random Display Flickers with Any Driver Version 

Thank you.

0 Likes