cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nickpengaras
Adept II

WHEN WILL ADRENALINE SUPPORT APU SYSTEMS?

Hello everyone,

I'm owning an APU, the latest update I can get is

Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.1

amd drivers.png

and as it says here only Crimson Software supports APU SYSTEMS, so they why when we reach AMD DRIVERS PAGE and insert our system info and we try to find the latest driver we can download Adrenaline which by the way doesn't work, or why they keep on sending us alerts for new updates? This is so bad for AMD, I'm no longer supportive of this company, I used to support AMD and I was trying to promote her to friends and family, now I will only speak the crystal clear truth, which is that they don't give a damn! I've spent hours on trying to find drivers after promoted updates! I paid 700€ for my HP laptop and I will not buy a single new AMD product again!

Bye.

45 Replies

My APU system was released the (mid) year 2016, and the last update I got was April 2017 , so I don't think anyone should update after just 1 year!

0 Likes

Are you loading the latest driver from your Laptops Maker yet? If not, that it likely your issue. The vanilla AMD drivers will not work properly on a lot of laptops. Not because the drivers are buggy, but because the laptops maker deviated from standard specs making the laptop and they customize the drivers that ship with it. AMD can't compensate for changes an OEM makes after the fact.  In those case and it happens in my opinion way to much, the laptop makers don't do a good job of communicating this or offering continued driver updates.  That however isn't on AMD talk to your laptops maker but before doing that use their latest driver and see if it works.

I have contacted both Microsoft, HP, and AMD, and they are all blaming each other, I have even given permission to a Microsoft employee to access my laptop in order to do the update himself, he didn't manage to do anything... I could be understanding if this was only my case, but across the forum there are several other complains about the update on mobile APU system, even if you search on youtube you will see dedicated video on how to upload the latest drivers, if you read the comments on those videos you will see than many other AMD consumer, with a variety of laptop (DELL, HP, LENOVO) face the same problem... 

0 Likes

Yep you are correct because they all try to do stuff you are not supposed to. Like downloading GPU drivers instead of APU drivers that also install the GPU driver. They also don't use the drivers from the laptop maker. Then when things don't work they complain to AMD and MS about it when they should be only dealing with support from the laptop maker. The ones that made the machine are the ones responsible for support. 99% percent of the issues that come through here with laptops get fixed by doing 3 things. Updating all firmware and other drivers on the laptops with drivers from the laptops maker. Fully updating Windows even optional updates and disabling Windows 10 from automatically installing driver updates. Finally installing the latest driver from the laptops maker while disconnected from the Internet so Windows update doesn't mess with the install, also make sure to use custom/clean install. 

You will see many complaints on-line from every computer ever made, because frankly there will be that select few machines that have real problems. The worst computers I ever dealt with personally were when NVIdia was making chipsets for AMD and Nvidia processors back before AMD bought ATI.  Moreover you just have a lot of people that don't know the right way to fix things and typically spiral out of control making things worse trying to fix things on their own. lt is amazing to me that the people who listen the least are the ones who really need the help the most and ask for help but don't think the helpers don't know how to help. 

You may have defective hardware I don't know. I would ask to RMA that laptop if you load HP's latest driver and it doesn't work. 

waltc
Miniboss

Even though this laptop information is plainly posted here and on the AMD GPU drivers pages, some people still ignore it.  The fact is that that most laptop GPUs are *not supported* by the off-the-shelf retail drivers available on the AMD site--supposedly, there are only 3-4 laptop models which can use those drivers--the rest of them cannot.

So where do most laptop owners get their GPU drivers?  From the manufacturers of your laptop, that's where.  Why?  Because those OEMs are using *custom GPU* configurations not sold in the retail markets, that's why.   Indeed, all laptops are *custom* to some degree.   Here's a fact: if your laptop OEM (HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.) does not make Windows 10x64 available for your specific laptop model, and you decide to upgrade yourself--you are on your own with hardware drivers--not just for the GPU, either. It has nothing to do with Microsoft or with AMD, and everything to do with people misunderstanding that laptops are not just desktops in miniature...;)  Far from it.

It's all very, very simple.  If you are at all serious about playing 3d games, *do not buy a laptop*--or at the very least, if you need a laptop for mobile work in school, for instance, then buy a desktop for your 3d games in addition to your laptop.  Stop trying to hammer that square peg into a round hole, in other words.  Good advice, and it's free...;)