cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

aardvark
Journeyman III

Adrenalin installer hangs on install screen

I've tried several times to install adrenalin for my new vega 64 nitro +, after uninstalling the previous crimson drivers using the windows uninstaller. After I click express install it hangs on the first screen 'detecting hardware'. If I try custom install, it hangs on the first screen again, with the message 'searching for drivers' or something like that. It does the same for my outgoing r390 nitro+.

What's the best option; use amd cleanup untility, or DDU - or should I run DISM and SFC first, to check for windows problems?

Win 10 64, up to date.

0 Likes
3 Replies
aardvark
Journeyman III

I've now ran DISM and SFC - no errors found.

Will using the amd cleanup utility or DDU allow the adrenalin drivers to install, or is it likely to be something else?

Thanks

0 Likes

DDU is the best. Make sure you have the latest version and you are disconnected from the internet while uninstalling/installing the AMD drivers.

https://community.amd.com/thread/236087 

0 Likes
aardvark
Journeyman III

Cheers. I used DDU and it fixed this issue.

There's an options page in DDU - if you're not seeing the safe mode option, check it there (don't do this if you have your login passworded and can only remember the pin). I disconnected my internet connection

I also enabled the stop microsoft from downloading drivers box there - remember to relaunch DDU afterwards and re-enable microsoft automatically installing drivers, or you'll run into trouble down the line, with other hardware.

Don't use the amd cleanup utility - it only works on catalyst - use DDU.

I had no problems using DDU.

Be aware that there is an options page - which is missing from DDU tutorials I've seen online.

You'll want to tick the 'show safe boot ' option at the bottom (as long as you can remember your login password, or like myself, don't have one).

And stop microsoft from automatically installing drivers - but launch DDU again afterwards and undo that (there's a big box for this)

0 Likes