cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

shakko81
Adept I

Ryzen 3 2200g issues, freesync doesn't work with monitor AOC g2460pf

I've got several issues with apu ryzen 3 2200g. Freesync doesn't work with my monitor AOC g2460pf. I've an itx/ax x370 asrock fatal1ty with 2 hdmi ports but it seems my monitor supports only freesync via DP. Any suggestions? I've downloaded the driver 18.5.1 because I also own a RX560 and now even with my RX560 freesync is gone. (Overwatch, Fortnite, WoW). Windows version is 1709

0 Likes
3 Replies
mulinezu
Journeyman III

Well, it has passed a few month since you posted the question, and I don't have an answer (like no one other, it seams), but instead I have a similar issue as you with a 2200G and a AOC G2460VQ6: it blackouts when opening a game (or a benchmark) with FreeSync enabled, and then some fleas, mostly grey are all I can see, and then a blind Alt-F4. The only solution to restore any image is turning on and off the monitor. I'm no expert in such issues, but my educated guess is that the AOC beta drivers don't get along with this combination - 2200G+FreeSync. I used FreeSync on my last graphic card (RX550), and it worked with no problems with the same monitor, only difference being the DisplayPort connection. After a night lost with finding what causes the blackouts, and finally finding the FreeSync issue, I resigned hoping to find a solution. So, at least for me is: playing without FreeSync (which it does pretty good) or changing my monitor; but not wanting to spend no more on PC related stuff, it leaves me with the first one.

0 Likes
mulinezu
Journeyman III

I really don't know if this is a solution, but due to circumstances I've managed to get rid of this bug: I've made an upgrade on my son's PC and I've installed my older motherboard (if I can say so, because I bought it a couple of month before) a Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3, on his PC, as it seemed more appropriate for his needs, and hopefully I'll solve my problem with FreeSync and/or AOC monitor. The new MB is a ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, main difference (for the topic) is that it has a DisplayPort graphics output. I've updated the graphic drivers to 18.12.2 (I doubt that had anything to to with our common bug), and the bug just vanished; I tried 3DMark and a few games with FreeSync enabled, and it all worked just fine. So, in conclusion: I would try to connect to a DisplayPort adapter (as the DP-HDMI cables seem to work only if you have a DP output on your PC), or change the MB, but I repeat: it worked for me, but I'm not 100% sure that this was the cause... Hope it helps!

0 Likes

I can confirm your theory with this evidence: recently I bought a new freesync gaming Monitor for my girlfiend, is a 75hz Acer kg221qbmiix. This monitor has only hdmi ports and ryzen 2200g works nicely along with freesync via hdmi ( mobo Asrock itx/ac x370) to hdmi (Acer Monitor).

Your  mobo B450 Gaming K4 with displayport, I think, is the proof that these AOC Freesync Monitors (AOC g2460pf and G2460v6) only supports  apu's ryzen 2400g and 2200g freesync via Displayport.

0 Likes