Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

porroro
Adept I

Monitor does not resume after inactivity suspension

Hello everyone!

I'm having a problem with my new pc and I'd like you to help me as much as possible.

My monitor is suspended after 10 minutes of inactivity, but then I can not activate it or moving the mouse or keyboard, I must force a restart to continue working.

This happens using VGA connector. but when I use the dvi-d connector this does not happen.

I tried to BIOS update and then format and install windows from scratch with updated drivers from both the motherboard and the graphics card

I have tried configuring the power options of windows, disable hibernation, hybrid hibernation, suspension, hard disk shutdown, etc. I only leave the option to turn off the screen after 10 minutes of inactivity.

I tried with 2 monitors and 2 different vga connectors, to rule out that the problem lies there.

Sincerely I have tried to solve it in many ways but I have not succeeded, any help or suggestion?

Thanks and sorry if this post does not correspond here

My pc:

Asus prime b350m-a

AMD Ryzen 5 2400g

Kingston Fury 8gb 2400mhz

XTX 500 plus bronze1

Windows 10 x64 (updated to date)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Since you didn't mention that you have a separate GPU Card installed. I presumed you are using the APU Integrated Graphics.

First there is a very new BIOS/UEFI for your motherboard from Asus. Maybe updating the BIOS/UEFI might solve the problem. Also check to see if there are any settings in BIOS/UEFI that concerns sleep states. PRIME B350M-A Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

BIOS

Version 4207 2018/12/138.21 MBytes

PRIME B350M-A BIOS 4207
1.Update AGESA 1006
2.Improve compatibility and performance for Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors

Also there is November CHIPSET that includes VGA Driver you may want to install and see if it fixes the problem. PRIME B350M-A Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Chipset

Version 5.12.0.38 2018/11/1333.32 MBytes

-Chipset
- AMD Chipset Driver V5.12.0.38(18.10.20.02) for Windows Win10 64bit---(WHQL).
  - AMD VGA Driver V24.20.11020.2003 for Windows Win10 64bit---(WHQL).

For troubleshooting purposes you can always purchase and "Active" HDMI-VGA or DVI-VGA Adapter and see if the problem still occurs.

As a work around you can always prevent your Monitor from going to sleep under Windows Power Plan.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Honestly and I am not normally the finger pointer type but I bet it is a Monitor Issue. May I ask why would you use vga over DVI? DVI is far superior in every possible way IMHO.

0 Likes

How I said, I have tried with two diferents monitor, so I discard that it is a monitor problem.

and I'm usin VGA connector cause its the only output my monitor has

someone else? any other suggestions?

0 Likes

Since you didn't mention that you have a separate GPU Card installed. I presumed you are using the APU Integrated Graphics.

First there is a very new BIOS/UEFI for your motherboard from Asus. Maybe updating the BIOS/UEFI might solve the problem. Also check to see if there are any settings in BIOS/UEFI that concerns sleep states. PRIME B350M-A Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

BIOS

Version 4207 2018/12/138.21 MBytes

PRIME B350M-A BIOS 4207
1.Update AGESA 1006
2.Improve compatibility and performance for Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors

Also there is November CHIPSET that includes VGA Driver you may want to install and see if it fixes the problem. PRIME B350M-A Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

Chipset

Version 5.12.0.38 2018/11/1333.32 MBytes

-Chipset
- AMD Chipset Driver V5.12.0.38(18.10.20.02) for Windows Win10 64bit---(WHQL).
  - AMD VGA Driver V24.20.11020.2003 for Windows Win10 64bit---(WHQL).

For troubleshooting purposes you can always purchase and "Active" HDMI-VGA or DVI-VGA Adapter and see if the problem still occurs.

As a work around you can always prevent your Monitor from going to sleep under Windows Power Plan.

thank you elstaci!! and pokester!! the reinstallation of the chipset driver solves the problem or so I think, even though I already had that version installed after installing the chipset and monitor driver again, everything became normal.

0 Likes

good to hear. You Chip set installation could have been corrupted when it was updated.

Cross you fingers it continues to keep working correctly.

0 Likes

forgive my confusion you actually said you used the dvi port in your first post and it worked.  Good luck!
Most sleep issues even with different monitors go back to being lack of proper monitor drivers being loaded. With the monitors you have tried have you been loading the specific monitor driver for those monitors?