cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

stazza
Journeyman III

my 2700x is getting to 90c under load and i was wondering if this temp is safe, it is running at stock clocks with the wraith prism and stock thermal paste

my 2700x is getting to 90c under load and i was wondering if this temp is safe, it is running at stock clocks with the wraith prism and stock thermal paste

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

stazza, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Maser (RM).  Your specifications are:

2700X.jpg

I doubt you are running at 90C, which would be unsafe.  If you are not using RM to measure the temperature then it is probably wrong.  Your maximum is 85C and the CPU voltage and clocks will be lowered to protect the processor.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
stazza
Journeyman III

Screenshot (13).pngits at that temp while im playing a game... how do i lower the volts

0 Likes

stazza, please post a complete screenshot of Ryzen Master!  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Screenshot (15).png

0 Likes

the room temp was around 15c, it is at 60ish idle as well without much running at all.

0 Likes

Thanks, stazza.  That is not good.  What load are you running?  EDC is pegged.  Looks like something is wrong with your CPU cooler.  Please make sure it is mounted properly and tight.  There should be no paste squirting out the sides of the the CPU.  Is the fan turning and what is the RPM?  Please try plugging the fan directly into 12 Volts.  Please do a Clear CMOS - see your MB manual.  Looks like you need a new Ryzen Master (RM).  All your memory parameters are zero.  Please go to the AMD Ryzen Master web page and DL a new copy and post your current version.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

the load is me playing black ops 4 for like 30 mins, the cooler is fine by the looks of it i might replace thermal paste soon, i have re-installed ryzen master and everything memory related is still 0. if the cpu gets too hot will it underclock itself and makes sure it is at a safe temp or not.

0 Likes
stazza
Journeyman III

thanks

0 Likes