Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

firespawn84
Journeyman III

PC Bluescreen

698/5000

I own the Rx 480 Sapphire Nitro + 8 GB no matter if patch 18.12.3 or the new patch 19.1.1 the pc is running very unstable and gets as soon as you play a blueScreen with the answer UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP find it annoying to reinstall again and again. I have tried to install the driver Bluescreen, have it uninstalled by Cleanup utillity everything and then install the patch so and still blue screen while playing. The Istallertion works fine but the driver itself not at all, oh so the bug with the patch 18.12.2 has also remained the latest patch 19.1.1 installed and still I am the latest patch 18.12.2 displayed.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Your blue screen error seems to indicate a faulty hardware or driver issue. From Microsoft : Bug Check 0x7F UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

Cause

Bug check 0x7F typically occurs after you install a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or if installed hardware fails.

A double fault can occur when the kernel stack overflows. This overflow occurs if multiple drivers are attached to the same stack. For example, if two file system filter drivers are attached to the same stack and then the file system recurses back in, the stack overflows.

Also from Microsoft concerning your blue screen error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP | Microsoft Docs

Explanation:

This Stop message means that one of two types of problems occurred in kernel-mode, either the kind of condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or catch (a bound trap), or an unrecoverable error. Occasionally, this message can be caused by software problems, but the most common cause is hardware failure. It usually occurs after the installation of faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or in the event that installed hardware fails. Setting the CPU to run at speeds above the rated specification (known as overclocking the CPU) can also cause this error.

0 Likes

My hardware just 3 months old I have a completely new system Compiled so on the hardware it can not be in any case. Have now again the driver 18.12.2 Installed weird only that the driver runs without a hitch can play all games flawlessly without crashes or other have forgotten to say that it was in the driver 19.1.1 extreme stuttering and the FPS of mostly 60 down to 45 fallen. (At my system is nothing overclocked all factory settings)

0 Likes