cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

viermisor
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 2400g CPU Frequency Unstable while gaming

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your time.

My CPU won't stabilize the frequency no matter what I do and it's causing me FPS drops and performance issues in games. If I manually adjust the Minimum processor state and the Maximum processor state settings of ANY power plan including Ryzen Balanced the CPU will stabilize as following:

From 1 - 62% (Minimum processor state 1 - Maximum 62 or Minimum 62 and Maximum 62) the CPU will have a stable frequency of 1596.76 Mhz / Multiplier x16 / Bus Speed 99.80 Mhz

From 63 - 99% (Minimum processor state 63 - Maximum 99 or Minimum 99 and Maximum 99) the CPU will have a stable frequency of 2295.35 Mhz / Multiplier x23.0 / Bus speed 99.80 Mhz

If I set 100% as the Maximum Processor state (No matter which Minimum) CPU changes  Multiplier (Every second) from x25.5 , x25.67, x30.4, x30.6, x30.8 ,x31, x38 , x38.25, x38.5 randomly

The speeds were measured while Gaming with CPU - Z

I tried different versions of ALL drivers, I tried all the BIOS versions I found on ASUS Support, I cleared the CMOS, reinstalled the OS a couple of times, nothing helped. I contacted ASUS and they told me that they do not offer assistance for Overclocking even though I do not need Overclocking, all I want is a stable frequency. AMD Ryzen Master does not work for me, no matter which settings I try it asks for a reboot to Apply and after the reboot nothing changes. I am on the A320 Chipset which I know that it doesn't support overclocking but I've seen many people using ASUS Ai Suite to set a stable multiplier on A320 chipsets. No matter which version of Ai Suite I try I do not have the multiplier option. I am currently using the latest BIOS version (4207 AGESA 1006). Any ideas what can I do?

I would like to have a stable frequency within the CPU limits, at least a multiplier of x37.

These are the default CPU Settings in BIOS (Other than this I do not have any other CPU related settings)

--------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                         -----------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced CPU                                                                                                              Hardware

------------------------------------                                                                                                                   -----------------------------

• PSS Support - Enabled                                                                                                           Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-R
  • NX Mode - Enabled                                                                                                                 CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g
  • SVM Mode - Disabled                                                                                                              GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 O6G
  • SMT Mode - Auto                                                                                                                     RAM: 1x8GB DDR4 Kingston 2400Mhz
  • Core Leveling Mode - Auto                                                                                                      SSD: Kingston A400

-------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                           HDD: Seagate Barracuda

AMD CBS                                                                                                                        PSU: nJoy Titan 500W 80+

-------------------------------                                                                                                                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Core Performance Boost - Auto                                                                                               OS: Win 10 Pro x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.195)
  • Memory Interleaving - Auto
  • IOMMU - Auto
  • Global C-State Control - Auto
  • Power Supply Idle Control - Auto

-------------------------------------------------------------

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

viermisor, this is probably normal Ryzen, but please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  Please get your AMD drivers from the AMD Driver Download Site.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Since your processor has Dual Channel memory access you are loosing half your memory speed having only one stick of memory.

0 Likes