cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

Windows 10: Activity may be recorded even if you disable it

The Privacy dashboard on Microsoft's website lists recent activity, e.g. visited sites or started applications, even if Activity History is disabled on a Windows 10 device.

Recent versions of Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system support a feature called Activity History that is keeping track of some of the things that users are doing on the device so that they may "jump back".

activity history

ARTICLE...

0 Likes
5 Replies
qwixt
Forerunner

Which is why I manually disabled several items in the Task Scheduler myself:

"\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program": Disable both tasks

"\Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic": Both tasks disabled

"\Microsoft\Windows\Feedback\Siuf": Both tasks disabled

While I am fine doing this, and had no issues, I don't guarantee that it works for everyone. I just hated the thought of running any data collection processes.

O&O Shutup10 does a great job of turning all the data collection off.

0 Likes

I tried that after the first major win 10 update, and it had some side effects for me. I might have been a little overzealous with some of my other changes like trying to disable cortana.

0 Likes

If you look you can choose only the suggested not all options. I choose only those minimal suggest. You can also easily undo. The first major Win 10 update is years ago too, I never used O&O myself till 1803 so maybe it's better now as well at not being too aggressive.

0 Likes