cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

allak-cz
Adept I

When will Crossfire support for Battlefield V?

When will Crossfire support for Battlefield V? Thanks.

0 Likes
14 Replies

Thanks for the reaction. Is there any official opinion on this issue from companies like EA, DICE or AMD? Or are they going to force players to buy new graphics cards? The whole is quite unfair.

0 Likes

Hi,

Started this thread a while back.

BFV DX12 MultiGPU and DX11 Crossfire Support?

I have opened the same question on the EA Forum if you read the above thread.

Here is the link: Does BFV support AMD DX11 Crossfire or DX12 MultiGPU? - Answer HQ

You may want to ask the same question there, I have not been running AMD Crossfire for a while since I moved to a more powerful single GPU instead.

I have tried two different cards running DX11 and DX12.

Nvidia RTX2080.

XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid.

The RTX2080 is about 30% faster in DX12.

In DX11 it and runs as fast as the overclocked to the max RX Vega 64 Liquid in DX12 with latest Adrenalin 2018 driver.

I have not looked at performance comparison in BFV with Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 in detail yet. It does seem to run a bit faster.
The RTX2080 is much more stable and does not crash. The XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid crashes frequently with Black Screen and Audio Buzz and PC Freeze, which is one reason why I gave up on AMD and bought the Nvidia RTX2080 in the first place after testing BFV 10 hour Trial on RX Vega 64 Liquid.

It will likely be months before  CrossFire Support turns up and works, based on BF1 experience - if it even does.

Also note that BFV is an Nvidia Sponsored Title now.

That might have some influence on what happens regarding AMD Crossfire Support in the game versus work on improving RTX performance for example.

Also if you want to stay on AMD GPU because of FreeSync Monitor - that will be gone starting Jan 15 2019, as Nvidia will introduce FreeSync Support for GTX10 and RTX20 series GPU's.

The number of people able to run a pair of RX Vega 64 in Crossfire is likely low because of the physical size and weight of the RX Vega 64 AIB cards.
Vega 64 Reference Cards could be crossfire as they are 2 slot 40mm wide, but they throttle and really need watercooling.
Vega 64 Liquids are EOL and hard to find anyhow. Fitting to AIO Rads in PC case is difficult.

Running Vega 64 Liquid in Crossfire with Powercolor RX Vega 56 reference or red Dragon does not appear to work very well at all.
I see claims running Crossfire with RX Vega 64 and 56 is not even it is not even supported at all but should really ask that question somewhere else on this forum.

Bye.

0 Likes

Thanks for the reaction, this issue is much more complicated and sneaky than it may seem. My unprofessional approach to game makers and computer components.

0 Likes

Hi,

DX11 Crossfire support is almost always delayed or does not appear at all on games that would benefit.
DX12 MultiGPU performance on AMD cards is good in some titles with some cards I have tested. Sniuper Elite 4 is a great example.
Some famous examples - DX12 MultiGPU on Ashes of the Singularity with R9 FuryX/Fury/Nano cards shows negative scaling or minimal scaling for all settings/resolutions I have tried for over a year now. It used to show positive scaling on older AMD drivers & earlier game versions.
Another issue with Crossfire Support is the Power Requirements..
My single XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid GPU is reporting is pulling ~ 380 Watts in BF1 or BFV using the Radeon Performane Overlay at 4K 60Hz.
That's just one GPU, not the entire system.

I do not understand what you mean by " My unprofessional approach" in your post above.

Bye.

0 Likes

Hi, I've solved the problem by purchasing a new graphics card. I apologize for bad English, unprofessional I come to access programmers games, because that the game will support more graphics cards have to say in advance.

No problem.
Which graphics card did you purchase?
Thanks.

0 Likes

SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon RX Vega 64 8G HBM2 to the monitor Desktop Monitors | LG US Business  now everything is fine to the maximum 70 FPS details, distinction  3440x1440

Hi,

Nice. Those are down to about 400 here. I was thinking about it until I watched the CES2019 presentation yesterday and saw Radeon VII.
Can I ask if you tried Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 Automatic Overclocking with your card yet?
Does it crash / cause PC Freeze on that card or does it work?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

new drivers 19.1.1 I have installed but Automatic Overclocking I have not tested yet so I have no reason maybe later. The new VEGA II cards will be, but I could wait every year for VEGA graphics cards at our current price.

Thanks.

Hi

RE: Automatic Overclocking I have not tested yet so I have no reason maybe later.
If you do test it please  let me know if it works on this forum.

RE: The new VEGA II cards will be, but I could wait every year for VEGA graphics cards at our current price.
Agreed. I waited until it looked like RX Vega 64 Liquid looked to have ~stable drivers and until the price dropped down from launch/crypto prices.

Thanks again.

Bye. 

0 Likes

If you do try out Automatic Overclocking please see / respond to:
Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2 Auto Overclock GPU causes Black Screen, Audio Buzz, System Hang.
Thanks.

0 Likes
megasixonline
Journeyman III

Hey has anyone tried changing the amd crossfire settings throught the configuration file manually to add your own crossfire profile?

Looking around at raedon pro and firepro files you find a file around here

C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\cn.blb

in there you will find the code and the crossfire presets for all the games  you will find two already made for battlefield 4 that will look like this

{
"game_id": 5,
"title": "Battlefield 4\u2122",
"supported_by_steam": "FALSE",
"supported_by_uplay": "FALSE",
"supported_by_origin": "TRUE",
"supported_by_epicgames": "FALSE",
"supported_by_battlenet": "FALSE",
"supported_standalone": "FALSE",
"installer_ids": "{ABADE36E-EC37-413B-8179-B432AD3FACE7}",
"Installer_architecture": "64",
"steam_ids": "NA",
"uplay_ids": "NA",
"origin_ids": "1007968;1011575;1011576;1011577;1010268;1010269;1010270;1010271;1010958;1010959;1010960;1010961;1007077;1016751;1016757;1016754;1015365;1015364;1015363;1015362",
"origin_key_path": "\\EA Games\\Battlefield 4",
"steam_path": "NA",
"uplay_path": "NA",
"origin_path": "\\Battlefield 4",
"battlenet_path": "NA",
"epicgames_path": "NA",
"standalone_path_32": "NA",
"standalone_path_64": "NA",
"steam_executable": "NA",
"uplay_executable": "NA",
"origin_executable": "\\bf4.exe",
"battlenet_executable": "NA",
"epicgames_executable": "NA",
"standalone_executable": "NA",
"steam_arguments": "NA",
"uplay_arguments": "NA",
"origin_arguments": "NILL",
"epicgames_arguments": "NA",
"standalone_arguments": "NA",
"standalone_shortcuts": "NA",
"standalone_icon": "NA",
"athena_support": "FALSE",
"eyefinity_ready": "FALSE",
"game_config": ""
},

{
"game_id": 69,
"title": "Battlefield 4",
"supported_by_steam": "FALSE",
"supported_by_uplay": "FALSE",
"supported_by_origin": "FALSE",
"supported_by_epicgames": "FALSE",
"supported_by_battlenet": "FALSE",
"supported_standalone": "TRUE",
"installer_ids": "",
"Installer_architecture": "",
"steam_ids": "NA",
"uplay_ids": "NA",
"origin_ids": "NA",
"origin_key_path": "NA",
"steam_path": "NA",
"uplay_path": "NA",
"origin_path": "NA",
"battlenet_path": "NA",
"epicgames_path": "NA",
"standalone_path_32": "NA",
"standalone_path_64": "NA",
"steam_executable": "NA",
"uplay_executable": "NA",
"origin_executable": "NA",
"battlenet_executable": "NA",
"epicgames_executable": "NA",
"standalone_executable": "BF4.exe|bf4_x86.exe|bf4cte.exe|bf4cte_x86.exe",
"steam_arguments": "NA",
"uplay_arguments": "NA",
"origin_arguments": "NA",
"epicgames_arguments": "NA",
"standalone_arguments": "NA",
"standalone_shortcuts": "NA",
"standalone_icon": "NA",
"athena_support": "FALSE",
"eyefinity_ready": "FALSE",
"game_config": ""
},

if this can be updated with the battlefield v information it may work but I don't know how to get all the information. like installer_ids and origin_ids

so im just throwing this around to see if anyone could use this to get closer to a solution

0 Likes

No I have not tried that. best you wait for proper support for DX11 Crossfire (I think it unlikely to be honest but it might happen) or DX12 MultiGPU - which is what I think AMD would be focusing on these days as the AMD GCN GPU's run much better on DX12 anyhow. 
I was running BF5 a few days ago on pair of R9 Fury X GPU and neither DX11 Crossfire or DX12 MultiGPU would engage for me. 

Thanks.   

0 Likes