cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

millionz
Journeyman III

Unable to update drivers due to computer not recognizing graphics card

So I recently had problems playing certain games where they would all crash after a couple of minutes, and I thought it was mainly due to my drivers, which hadn't been updated since 2017. I downloaded driver easy and driver booster, but noticed that all the updates targeting my AMD Radeon 7800 were failing. I took to this site to help fix my problem, and one user recommended using DDU. I used it, and cleaned out my drivers but they didn't update, (apparently because my windows wasn't fully updated). I updated windows, and rebooted but now when I go to driver easy/booster, it only detects my standard VGA graphics adapter. My 7800 does not show up. any help?

0 Likes
5 Replies

Radeon 7800 is not a graphics card...it is a series of cards. Laptop? What OS? Please furnish > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

millionz
Journeyman III

PC. Windows 7 (64bit). as for the card, I can't even check due to it not showing up in device manager. I have 6gb of ram.

Capture2.PNG

as you can see, it only shows my standard VGA in the display adapters section.

0 Likes

Download and run GPU-Z...click  'Lookup'

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

Okay, so it says that it's a XFX HD 7870. Also do you mean that I should or should not download the language packs?

0 Likes

I mean the obvious things...why would you download a language pack you don't speak?