cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

punk4evr
Adept III

Please, Has anyone found ALC 1220 drivers that work on build 1809? This is killing me.

I can't find newer realtek drivers anywhere!   Their web page only has like windows 7 version now.   Nothing that will work with build 1809.

I believe i once found version [8452]     So if anyone can locate a newer version that works, please let me know. thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

If I knew the problem,   I would not have asked here.  But anyways.    the 2.82 version,   or the .8600  drivers are working sort of... but no realtek control panel. Ugh.. which is what i wanted to set equilizer.    Weird thing though,   the .8606 version,  the Control panel worked, but got not sound.  Talk about insane!   Ah well.. its working and mic boost is ok. SO I will leave for now.   At least i have links now to find the latest drivers, which was what i was looking for.   So thanks for all the help. REally, the links are what i needed only pretty much.     (And just to clarify something for many of the comments, I have been servicing computers since 1991. So  I do know what i am doing. I probably know quite a few more things than most. )    Thanks again for all the help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
31 Replies

That question would be best asked on a Realtek forum or your motherboard manufactuer's forum.

I have...No response there.. So i'm widening the Net. I know Many, Many motherboards use the alc 1220 chipset for audio! So why not ask as many people as possible to see if anyone knows something i have not found yet>?

0 Likes
datspike
Journeyman III

Actually you can "cook" them yourself.

Follow the instructions on the wiki: GitHub - alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver: A non-official repository for downloading the l...

0 Likes

Are you actually using the insiders build 1809? Last time i had 2.82 working was when i was on build 17xx. Never on the 1800 builds!

0 Likes

yep and recently updated to it. The driver before it worked fine too, it was already installed in 1803 before updating to 1809. I guess if it doesn't work for you, then you really need to talk to Gigabyte. I am not sure why nothing shows on the Realtek site anymore. They recently changed the site. Microsoft is wanting driver to all move to these universal driver formats they are pushing so Realtek is moving these HDA drivers into legacy status and is pushing the UDA drivers conforming to MS standards. You load the UDA driver and have to get the Realtek Control Panel form the Windows store. Intel Video drivers are going through the same crap and it's a nightmare. Not sure how, when or if this stuff will be affecting all other drivers including AMD and Nvidia. Now as I am finishing writing this, on those intel drivers if you don't properly uninstall the universal graphics driver before trying to load the old legacy driver the nightmare has been it hoses your system. I wonder if maybe Windows update loaded a UDA driver and you went and install the HDA driver and maybe it caused similar problems? I have my system blocked from Windows auto updating my drivers. Just guessing here what might be why mine works and yours doesn't.

punk4evr
Adept III

I mean no offense, but I see nothing listed in their drivers past the old 800 series chipsets listed there.. Do you have a direct link to the one you were referring to please?

Gigabyte lists thier last posted version as 8447 however i did manage to get a slightly newer version they had posted on realtek shortly before their page changed. Now I see no drivers new than their ALC 889. So i need something more. If you know the link please post it, or you can email it to punk4evr@hotmail.com

0 Likes

Thanks, I probably will post on Gigabyte, its the GA-AX370 K7 Gaming, but its really a realtek / preview build that is the issue, I know. though it did not work with the official version well either. Mic imput was off on the driver.

And that email is my PUBLIC email addres so means nothing as to who has and knows it... all my "Official" stuff is on other accounts so. All the spam in the world means nothing to me. I read the From addresss in the 2ndary field, not the "posted" email names. which are almost always fake. Learned that like 20 years ago. But thanks, i was just hoping that someone here might had the issue as i said before. I know the probability that many are running the insiders buids are rare. but on the OEM sights, I expected to find more people experimenting, than the usual public channels. Thanks.

0 Likes

This is the driver. From Realtek. You have to follow their instructions. Enter your email and check the box. Then Realtek sends the link to your email, download it quick as the link expires fast.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

0 Likes

Yea, that is a much older version even. are you using the preview build? What build version of windows are you using? I found that version to work only on PRE-1803 builds!

Also do you use a mic? Very few of the Realtek versions amp the mic input correctly.

0 Likes

I'm so sorry, i did not mean to sound mean... I am very sorry, i can't seem to delete my other post so.. PLEASE, i'm sorry.

I did find the later post that was indeed very helpful. they even had a link to 8606 versinon from 12/2018, so hopefully that will work. again,

Im sorry! Thank you for your help! Really! that is a great page there!

0 Likes

I won't be replying since you are looking for drivers on Insider's builds. Manufacturer's normally do not make drivers until the official OS version comes out including AMD.

Good luck.

EDIT: If you would have mentioned in your original Post that you are using Insider's Builds I wouldn't have wasted my time looking for latest HDA Drivers. Deleted all my posts so you won't be upset by them.

Someone has already givin me a very good lead. Thank you though. As i stated in previous replies, i was just looking for people who may have seen or found others, i could not, and indeed, they delivered! So this Worked posting here! Thats all I was looking for, nothing more. I did not need "official" help or support. Just more eyes than I have. Thanks again!

0 Likes

While many Reaktek drivers on on windows update, many device ids used by motherboard vendors are not present. Many do this for proprietary reasons and it end up annoying users.

0 Likes

I whole heartedly agree. I know about that since i started using insider builds many, many years ago.. (since 1996 actually). But just sometimes, someone may have found a version or build that works. Like I did with the preview build of 1803, thats official now, but before it was... only the driver build 1852 worked with it. And i have that build, but they stopped with windows 1809. Again, I was simply hoping that someone may have found a version that is working for the! Thats all I hope to gain out of posting here. Someone may find the magic build that works! Thanks.

0 Likes
punk4evr
Adept III

I don't want to sound mean, but did you read any of my post? The post you linked are only good for the 5 year old Realtek® ALC892, and the other link is from 2016, when windows was build 1709 or something. If you don't know what windows build version you have, and don't know what build realtek drivers you are speaking aabout, its probably best not to reply. Especially when I posted what spicific build and drivers i have tried up till this point! Thanks.

0 Likes

So much of the time when people have issue with drivers in the new windows versions it's because they wait until they update windows then install the driver. If you update to the latest driver before windows updates it removes a lot of the issues. Also why it pays not to update to new windows versions right away.

I know i take the blame myself, i know what i'm getting into with insiders builds. But as you have just proven, that asking the community works. I found drivers much later than the versions i have been able to find. and everything was cool before 09, the 1803 build was doing ok. I know there is usually a lag between new versions and drivers for it. But thank you again.

0 Likes

I still don't get what newer version you couldn't get directly from Realtek? Unless I am missing something? You said "they even had a link to 8606 versinon  from 12/2018" I am glad elstacis link got you that, however the link I gave you to Realtek is that same driver. The R2.82 package includes the 8602 when installed on Windows 10 64bit. I posted that link twice. It's the same driver I installed on mine.  Realtek's documentation has always been bad, their website they just changed to is a nightmare. They need to hire someone from the true English speaking world to handle that part of the site IMHO.

I can confirm too that 6.0.1.8302 also worked under 1809, for me anyway, can't speak for the world . I have another post explaining this still waiting for a mod to approve it. No links don't know why it needs mod approval. I was the first to send you the current MOST current driver link. I have looked trying to find this magic newer driver, nothing I have found in elstacis links or anywhere I know to dig up is any newer than the ones you get straight from Realtek. You are just getting messed up by them not listing that 1220 only older codecs. They were listing it until they just changed the website and now made it even more difficult to get your driver. Now knowing you have been messing with insider builds and me knowing they are in the transition from HDA to UDA drivers really think you probably have a messed up Windows installation that will only be fixed by reinstalling Windows to an actually Released Version then 1809 should work? I don't doubt though that you could have an issue if it existed as I had a clean install of 1803 and had the 8302 driver installed before even attempting to go to 1809 windows. It worked fine, then I updated to the 8602 driver and it still works fine. I got my drivers right from Realtek's site.

Good Luck

sorry was miss typing was meaning 8606 the couple times I said 8602, getting myself confused now. Too many numbers.

0 Likes

I really appriciate you and the others trying to help. Thank you very much! really. I have not been so lucky with the insider builds. I have had constant issues with various driver versions, even without the preview builds. I'm just unlucky. but took me forever to find a version that worked with with the official build, and allowed the creative labs plug in to work also. So i could use the EQ and the Dolby decodes. and only one version allowed that to work. but all of the realtek drivers gave me problems with the mic amplification. only the microsoft driver worked great for the mic input. So its crazy. But thanks to everyone. You are the reasons asking in other forums works!

0 Likes

NO problem. Perhaps its my fault for not realizing that they kept the same name R2.82, yet kept renewing the builds. I was not aware of any company ever of doing that. I have never seen a driver build update called the same driver version. So Must be my mistake. I've only been doing this for 35 years, so i should have know that i guess. Gigabyte has the R2.82 also listed, but its was 8549 or so. Thanks again.

0 Likes

Also what realtekpage did you use? i'm on Realtek.com right now, and there are no links for the alc1220, only for alc 898 https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/461?Itemid=276

So you must have gone to a different realtek page than i have found. Thats why i have been asking here in the first place.

REALTEK<https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/advanced-search/461?Itemid=276>

Common Stock Quote. Shareholder's meeting. Dividend and Capital Information. Contact for stock transfer and register. M.O.P.S. News about Realtek( Company code:2379)

www.realtek.com

0 Likes

I gave the link twice above.

0 Likes

if you have issue with the realtek site. Guru3D hosts tons of gaming/system drivers too.

Generic Audio Drivers & Media Codecs

noodles59
Miniboss

Not sure what's your problem?

GA-AX370-Gaming K7 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.

I too use the ALC 1220 on my Ryzen X470 mobo and it works nicely!

The only difference now is the Realtek audio manager which has been adapted by Gigabyte and you find it in the Start menu under (R)ealtek (audio console)

If I knew the problem,   I would not have asked here.  But anyways.    the 2.82 version,   or the .8600  drivers are working sort of... but no realtek control panel. Ugh.. which is what i wanted to set equilizer.    Weird thing though,   the .8606 version,  the Control panel worked, but got not sound.  Talk about insane!   Ah well.. its working and mic boost is ok. SO I will leave for now.   At least i have links now to find the latest drivers, which was what i was looking for.   So thanks for all the help. REally, the links are what i needed only pretty much.     (And just to clarify something for many of the comments, I have been servicing computers since 1991. So  I do know what i am doing. I probably know quite a few more things than most. )    Thanks again for all the help!

0 Likes

are you sure you have the HDA and not the newer UDA driver installed. Asking because the UDA driver doesn't come with a control panel. You have to download it from the Windows Store.

0 Likes

how else would i have tried to run it?

0 Likes

What? how would you have tried to run what? Did you read that there are two flavors of drivers? Did you read before where I explained that going from a UAD driver to a HDA driver could be an issue?   There are HDA and UAD versions of the drivers. If you have the UAD version it won't have the control panel. Other functions you may like may also be missing from that version. I personally stick to the HDA versions. Also regressing from the UAD versions to an HDA version without a proper uninstall of the driver will cause problem when reinstalling the HDA version. So I have no idea what mix of stuff you have going on.

Hey just thought of what you also might be looking for and is not there. If you are looking for certain functions, in the realtek interface they removed several controls back in 2.79 as they are now controlled by Windows sound settings. I would rather they still be able to be controlled where they were too. Windows is really pushing though for universal interface and having all drivers conform to this.

This is the controls through Windows and many more under the sub menus.

0 Likes
designer
Journeyman III

Hello, just one year later, hope that help.... I google search alc 1220 driver and found this forum

You can download latest Realtek HD audio drivers at the following Github page:

https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-hda-release/releases/

Realtek High Definition Audio 6.0.8868.1 WHQL

and install drivers according to your MB.

MSI
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_Nahimic_2020_0103_113633.zip
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_RTK_2020_0103_113614.zip
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_Creative_2020_0103_113659.zip

Samsung
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_Samsung.zip

Dell
8868_UAD_Dell_MA75_86_281_WHQL_MUP.zip
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_102809F5.zip
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_102809E3.zip

Acer
8868.1_UAD_WHQL_Waves_1386.zip