cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD Adrenaline & RX 570 Driver issues

Hi everyone.

I having issues with AMD Adrenaline drivers & 18.12.2-dec12 also 18.12.3-dec19

Issues include black screening during installation from 30%-70% & Thread stuck in device driver.

My system is ..

IIyama G-MASTER GE2288HS

Apacer AS330 120GB

Apacer AS330 120GB

WDC WDS 240GB

16GB Intel Optane

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Asus Prime Z370 A Motherboard

Intel Core I3 8370K

Patriot Viper RGB DDR4 30000 16GB

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4GB

EVGA SuperNova G3 1000W Modular

Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB

I have tried all the normal stuff like use DDU ect ect to no avail with AMD drivers!!

I have even tried older drivers or drivers that others claim are stable, again I still have these issues I mentioned earlier.

I'm at a point where I debating going back to Nvidia if AMD simply can not fix there own drivers.

Currently i'm using Microsoft Basic Display Adapter due to AMD drivers.

Any help would be great.

0 Likes
1 Solution

In the end It was my CPU at fault !!

I returned my CPU back to Intel & 2 days later they sent me a new CPU & everything is now fine.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
15 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

There's a lot of references to an application crash called trixxx.exe in your DXDIAG, do you know what that is?

Please try some of the troubleshooting steps listed here: Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package | AMD

Hi Matt. Yes I know what Trixxx is which is a Sapphire program for OC & other things. However even befor I installed Trixxx I still had the issues I mentioned .

I've tried the trouble shooting to none avail .

So far no been able to figure out what is going on here .

0 Likes

Have you tried a clean install of Windows?

0 Likes

Yes I tried a clean install of Windows many times, still with the same issue to no effect.

0 Likes

What is the last driver you can install successfully?

0 Likes

The last driver I installed successfully was Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.11.4-Nov27 But soon after the driver & sotfware froze & black screen so I did clean uninstall with DDU in safe mode.

I tried one more time with Drivers win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-18.12.2-dec12 ,win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-18.12.3-dec19 via Windows device manager but this time I had this …

Error Code 43.jpg

0 Likes

Perhaps your GPU is bad, can you try it in a different system?

0 Likes

Ive tried it on my other motherboard MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon & it did the same there too.

I should mention that I had a Nvidia GTX 970 where this happened with Error code 43 too on both my motherboards but after I took the GTX 970 to a friend's, the GTX 970 worked flawlessly on my friends gaming pc ..Very odd!!

I belive the card is fine & more likely a Driver faulty or Windows...

However i'm in talks with Intel right now as they suggested that this sounds like a CPU or ram fault here?

As such I could have a faulty CPU!!

0 Likes

Why don't you take the GPU to your friends gaming PC and see if you get the same issue? Sounds like an issue local to your system.

0 Likes

Actually I forgot to mention my friend had issue with some AMD GPU's & drivers where the driver would black screen just like I mention what happened with me right now!!

Sounds like an issue with AMD drivers right now?

0 Likes

In the end It was my CPU at fault !!

I returned my CPU back to Intel & 2 days later they sent me a new CPU & everything is now fine.

0 Likes

Maybe you should mark that as the correct answer...instead

I got this.

go find another hard disk and install windows clean, this will allow you to be sure if you hardware is borked or its simply a mangled windows setup

I've installed Windows 10 on to a different SSD still the AMD driver black screen!!!!