cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

filipealves
Journeyman III

no matter i install the new driver the open CL in gray out in photoshop, could anyone help me ?

no matter i install the new driver the open CL in gray out in photoshop, could anyone help me ? then i saw in the AMD settings that that openCL but when i run the photoshop the open CL is still gary out, i could not use the oil paint function

0 Likes
9 Replies

what do you have for a graphics card installed?

Radeon supports OpenCL fairly well with GCN class hardware

0 Likes
filipealves
Journeyman III

i have a radeon R9 380, i know it supports it , buy my photoshop have the open CL gray out

0 Likes

If your GPU supports Opencl, now you need to find out why on GPU-Z the box named OpenCL is not checked marked. In the past most of the time it is a Driver or Windows issue that prevent Opencl from having a checked box on OpenCL from working a computer.

One User reinstalled Windows to get OpenCl to show up on his GPU card. Others updated the Drivers or Motherboard BIOS and Chipset.

So you need to start troubleshooting to find out why OpenCL is not working. I would first update your AMD driver to the latest from here: AMD Radeon™ R9 380 Drivers & Support | AMD

This is my GPU card showing OpenCL checked with GPU-Z as an example:

Some Users updated their GPU vBIOS to make it work with OpenCl. You can check to see if there is a newer vBIOS for GPU card from here: VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp

According to the same website I linked above, your R9 380 supports OpenCL 2.0: AMD Radeon R9 380 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

0 Likes

Asus has not been very good with ROMs on their cards. Sapphire seems to be better with UEFI and other bells and whistles.

Maybe if you GPU can handle the faster clocks, the Sapphire Nitro BIOS is excellent.

0 Likes

I am a noobie when it comes to vBIOSes. Can you install another manufacturer's vBIOS on a different Manufacturer's GPU Card. Or all vBIOS basically the same and can be generically installed on any similar GPU Card?

My logic is that different GPU card manufacturers add their own special features to the generic Reference card and use vBIOS to make those special features work.

For instance, Sapphire uses their own specialized GPU Fan control and I imagine that is incorporated into the Sapphire vBIOS. If that is installed on a Non-Sapphire GPU card would it work correctly?

0 Likes

I would start with checking for new ROMs for Asus. I often see as many as 8 ROMs for specific video cards

0 Likes
filipealves
Journeyman III

i have a windows 10opencl.gifopencl1.gif

0 Likes

Use GPU-Z and see if OpenCL is checked for your Graphics card. If it isn't there is your answer. Need to find out if your card supports the Opencl version that you need. If it does then you need to find out why OpenCL is not checked on your GPU card when it should be.

0 Likes